3. 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐎𝐮𝐭

×

"I wonder what Adam's deal really is if he refuses to text me about important shit like a whole day off work," Chevie sighed, shifting slightly on the wooden bench while looking at the shimmering flow of water in the lake.

It was early October, so the weather wasn't exactly the hottest, but it was nice enough to still go out and enjoy your time outside, if you ignored the chilling winds that blowed from time to time.

The boy visited this place a couple of times, though he hasn't been there since high school. It didnt matter much, as basically nothing changed since then, maybe besides the paint on the bench being a bit more scraped off.

"The real question is 'I wonder what Gracie Kohl's deal really is considering her puke was, like, a very weird color and there were breadstick pieces, like, literally everywhere', because seriously, what the actual fuck," the red-haired girl retorted, taking a sip of water to combat the sickness she felt in her stomach. "I'm not going to Olive Garden ever again."

"You never went to Olive Garden," Mara stated, furrowing her eyebrows at Cheryl, who just made an annoyed face.

"Now I never will."

Hayley made a noise somewhere between a sigh and a groan. "Maybe don't apologize to him," she ignored the banter between the other two, instead turning to face Chevie. "But you could talk things out, maybe? You're kind of forced to work with him for the time being, so wouldn't it be better to just confront him about it?"

Mara switched her attention from Cher to Hayley, snorting with disregard. "He should apologize. There was no power dynamic involved, our confident and independent Ford simply got cold feet, bailed out before the date and then proceeded to call off sick for like a week, still ghosting Adam's texts."

Hayley shook her head and raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Shit, yeah, I forgot about that. There's just so many of them I can't really keep up," she switched up, looking at Chevie with a death stare. "Then you better talk and apologize, bitch, for real."

"Get off my ass, god, please!" the boy raised his arms in protest, standing up and walking a few feet away from the bench. He took a cigarette out of the pack in his pocket and lit it up, cupping the flame with his free hand.

The flaws of Drake Ford - one of them being the dreading of direct confrontation.

The blond didn't have much issue with confronting people about other's business, as he got used to it, but the problem would arise if it was something he was directly associated with. He'd rather have someone else sort things like that out than actually have to go up to someone and talk. Especially when he was the one at fault.

"You up for a party tonight, maybe?" Mara came up to Ford, but he just sent her a disappointed glare. "Heard there's something brewing in the suburbs at the other side of town. I think the guy's name is Derrick or something."

"We just were on a party last night and Cher had to clean up someone's entire three-course meal. Besides, I have work tomorrow," he deflected, blowing smoke out of his nostrils. "Unless Adam cancels tomorrow too and doesn't tell me about it."

"Fair enough, I guess. Your loss. For real though, talk to him. You can't keep avoiding him forever. You work at the same job," she stated. The girl turned around to walk back to Cheryl and Hailey, but then she shot the blond one last look. "It's Wednesday today. Remember about Leah's birthday party on Friday."