Chapter 24

Ezra's POV 

 I wonder how mom and dad are doing.

They have been away from the kingdom for quiet a while now. 

They should be back in 2 weeks or so. Till then all their duties have been handed over to me temporarily of course but  all this work makes me so irritated and ridiculously stressed.

I hear knocking outside my door, outside the door of my office located on the 4th floor .

''Ezra?''

I hear Luke's voice.

''Yeah, come in.''

''Ezra this is bad, like very bad'' Luke said frantically.

''What do you mean? Elaborate.'' I said calmly because there's no use in panicking, I should stay calm , understand the problem and deal with it.

''Werewolves are demanding more land '' Luke said while grinding his teeth in anger.

''More land didn't we expand their territory few months ago?''

''Yes we did but they're demanding more'' Luke said.

''Where are they right now let's go there and settle this '' I said  being completely fed up about everything

''Alright which driver?'' asked Luke 

''No need for drivers we'll go alone i don't want to put the driver in danger as anything could happen there, we're dealing with werewolves. We don't know what they could do , I replied''

Luke and i drove  to the werewolf's place in the forest . The Werewolves Corner as it is popularly called amongst people . 

 Upon reaching there the smell of blood immediately hit our  noses. Fresh, animal blood.

What in the world had happened here?

We went in stumbling over some bushes before finding them . The leader of the werewolves, the alpha, Conri  chomping down on his lunch fresh meat so fresh it was killed just minutes ago.

That explains the scent of blood.

''Prince Ezra what brings you here?'' said the alpha licking his lips of some blood dripping

''I heard that you wanted to extend your territory? I asked  with his eye brow raised.

'' Well yeah my pack's getting bigger'' answered Conri nonchalantly

''We extended the territory nearly just two months ago and the reason you had is the same as the reason you're giving right now'' I said  in a calm and collected manner although inside I was raging with anger.

''So what? we need more land despite the reason, we can't help it if our pack's growing larger'' Conri said as if he didn't care that he was arguing with me Prince Ezra . A royal. 

Conri didn't fear Ezra one bit even though he knows he can't defeat him in battle

Just then a wolf whispered something into Conri's ears. 

Thankfully I could pick up some of the words spoken. 

Something like '' found her , the witch''

witch? they are long gone years ago. There is no witch found to be alive these days.

Conri quickly stood up and said ''Ezra something has come up I need to go urgently I'll contact you later'' 

He  said it hurriedly , took some of his men and left the area.

 Luke and I  got back to the kingdom.

But I couldn't help but think but that supposedly 'found witch'

No way-

what if she had been found , the one who helped with the vampires take over human.

but that's not possible i saw father kill her with his own hands.

so who was this who was found by the werewolves? are there more witches alive? if so we could be in grave danger, the literal existence of witches could end us vampires.

Witches have powerful magic that can easily destroy us so we had to form an alliance with them in order to take over the human race.

I should definitely find her and check it out myself, or this would really lead us into many problems.

A/N :  Helloooo ppl yes I know I haven't been uploading. I'll try harder to update.

Peace.