Startin a Fight

The team soon arrived, and Maria's distraction plan worked as they snuck in as Casey talked to Karai. Now they were fighting ninja to get inside. Maria used her brute strength to toss away anyone that tried to jump her or attack. Blocking weapons with a magic shield, and her mother was right, she had better control over her powers as she fought and never tired. 

They soon made a break for the building and got inside, but ninjas were still chasing them. "Now what?" 

Casey knocked over a vase saying, "You break it, you buy it." Heavy armored doors slammed down locking the ninja out. Mikey and Raph fist bumped the hockey dork and Maria smirked as April flirted with him. 

They continued forward to see a long magic spiral shooting up from the floor, surrounded by large canisters. Maria and the others split up to find the leader in blue, she used her enhanced sense of smell to find him. 

Raph rushed over when she stopped at a certain canister and looked inside. "Guys, we got him!" 

Donnie attached a small charge to the door, and everyone stood back as it blew off the hinges. Raph helped Leo out as Maria healed him so he could stand on his own. The hotheaded brother then handed his brother a new pair of blades. "You're gonna need these if you're gonna lead us out." Leo took the swords and strapped them to his shell while smiling. 

"I'm gonna need you guys too." 

Maria smiled at the moment of bromance but looked up when a screaming person landed near them. "Winters." April identified the man and Mikey took the chance to make a joke. "Looks more like fall." 

Maria could sense the man was still alive, but the others didn't as Mikey took one of Casey's hockey sticks and poked the man. "Doesn't seem so immortal to me." 

Suddenly Winters shot up with a gasp, making everyone jump. "Your time is up, Winters." April stood strong as she spoke. "Miss O'Neil? I must have hit my head pretty hard; I'm seeing giant turtles and the goddess Ixchel." 

Maria glared at him for speaking her mother's name and stepped forward. "I'm not my mother." 

This made everyone shocked at the revelation of the female's mother, especially Winters. "That explains a lot." 

April came out of her shock and told Winters what he needed to do. "We know about the portal, and it's time you send all these monsters home." The man got up and started to explain everything. "I couldn't agree with you more." 

The foot soon came in and stopped as soon as they saw Winters talking to the turtles. "It is time I put an end to this curse I put upon myself, and this world. That is what this is about, Miss O'Neil, balance. I must return all thirteen beasts, or this curse will continue. And that is a burden I can no longer bear." 

Maria heard genuine sadness and exhaustion in his voice as he spoke, he really wanted to end all this. A deep voice then cut through the air like a knife. "Then you should be put out of your misery." 

Four living statues came down the stairs, making Maria and the brothers bristle. 

Leo kept his guard up as he said, "Looks like we walked in on a family feud, guys." Winters and the statues had a small argument before the leader of the stone generals invited the Foot Clan to join them. Some of the members looked ready to switch sides but they were stopped by Karai. 

The woman ordered her ninja to search for the final monster as April and Casey went with them to retrieve it. Maria took out her manchette and new knife while getting ready to fight. "I hate seeing brothers fight like this." 

Donnie started before Raph finished his sentence. "Unless it's together." 

The turtles lined up to fight the statues while Maria hung back to stand with Splinter, knowing they could defeat the generals. "Thought we might even the odds." 

The stone leader then retaliated with, "We're going to enjoy this."