Mother and Captured Leader

Maria was meditating in the dojo with Splinter. The wise rat believed that it would help the girl's spirit if she cleared her mind a bit. 

Speaking of which, as she was meditating Maria felt like she was floating in a sea of stars. It was beautiful to her how every light weaved together to make shapes. Soon her feet touched down on the surface of a moon, or should I say the moon. 

Maria could see the Earth and Sun from where she was standing. She soon jumped when someone started speaking on her right. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" 

The teen looked to see a woman in Mayan robes. She had hair darks as the night, and the same crystal eyes as Maria. But that wasn't all, the woman had the same jaguar spots on her arms, neck, and shoulders. "Who are you?" 

The woman smiled sadly at the teen before her. "My name is Ixchel. I've been watching you, Maria." Maria shook her head with some shock. She knew who Ixchel was but didn't think an ancient goddess would be watching her throughout her life. 

"Why?" Ixchel teared up and said something that made the girl bristle. 

"I'm your mother." 

Maria stepped back with tears floating away. "No, my mother abandoned me outside a temple. You can't be her." The goddess only placed her fingers to each side of Maria's head. Visions of Ixchel's life flashed in her mind, from the moment she was born to the reason her mother left her. 

"You're not immortal, being immortal is a curse. Not a day went by that I didn't think of you, I always regret leaving you, but I couldn't let my husband know of you." Maria watched as the goddess, no, her mother started to cry. 

"Mom." The two hugged as they stayed on the moon, but they both knew it wouldn't be for long. "Maria, you and your friends must stop the portal. This world, this new life you have you need to stay in. Your life has been happier here, especially after meeting Leonardo." 

Ixchel noticed the blush on her daughter's face and kissed her forehead. "You'll be able to use your full power without tiring now. Now, go help save the world." 

The teen nodded and closed her eyes before opening them to see she was back in the dojo. Raph was there and he seemed very upset. He was knocking over objects, and this caught Splinter's attention. 

"Rapheal, what is the matter?" Raph started stuttering and then he pushed over a weight rack causing Maria to flinch. "Rapheal, kneel." The hothead listened and kneeled in front of his father. "I know...I know why you chose him now. Not me." 

Splinter then gave Raph a peptalk and it seemed to have gotten to the turtle's heart. But he reached back and took something out of his belt. "But I did something stupid, really stupid." He placed the handles of broken katanas on the floor in front of him. 

The blades were snapped off, and Maria noticed that they were Leo's, making her cover her mouth in shock. "They took him." 

Maria could see the guilt laced on Raph's face and decided to hug him like she did when Leo needed the comfort. "We'll get him back." Splinter agreed and gathered everyone in the kitchen. "What are we gonna do?"

 Raph stepped up and gave a tiny peptalk of his own. "I'll tell you what we're gonna do, we're gonna get in there and get Leo back."

 Maria nodded and had an idea of what the plan should be. She smirked and Donnie noticed. "Maria, why are you smirking?" She looked at the genius and smirked more, showing her fangs. 

"I have an idea on how to get in. It involves Casey dressing in Mikey's Cowabunga Carl outfit." With a plan set everyone geared up, Maria didn't have much armor but did have a spare pair of armguards that had protection for her knuckles. She strapped a manchette to her back and a knife to her belt. She pulled her mohawk into a Viking's braid, so it was out of her face. She looked in the mirror after she was done, staring at her shut eye until a knock was heard on the door. "Come in." 

The person who entered was Raph, he looked like he was going to apologize. "If you're going to apologize, don't. You were looking out for your family, and I already forgave you." 

Shaking his head Raph handed her an extra blade. It was serrated and sharp, the black blade was made from obsidian and seemed to be hand crafted. But what got her attention was writing on the handle. 

"We'll always have the jungle." Maria read it out loud and looked to Raph. 

"I found it with his katanas, he even burst out how he liked you and wanted to confess." The girl held the knife to her chest, knowing now that the one she cared for, cared for her in the same way. 

"Thank you, Raph." She used her healing powers on her eye and opened it to show another crystal orb. 

"Now, let's go get him back."