Chapter 34

My boots clicked on the pavement as I walked up to the pub. Everything was dead silent. It's like the world stopped working and I was moving on the spot. No car was driving by and the venue wasn't blasting with music. I checked again if I got the wrong place because it was suspiciously silent but I didn't. I followed the bright neon sign that was leading me to the pub entrance. Two big bodyguards were standing in front of the entrance and as I approached their gazes slowly turned to me.

"Name?" One of them said.
"Maya Calloway." I responded and the other one checked the list.
"There's no Maya Calloway." He said after some moments.
"That's impossible. Can you check again?" I said starting to feel embarrassed.
As he checked the list again some people passed by me and the other man opened the door without even checking their names. I looked at the man way taller than me and frowned.

"You didn't even check their names."
"That's none of your problem ma'am." He responded coldly. I scoffed and took my phone out to call Ana. After three beeps she responded.

"Ana I'm in front of the pub can you come and let me in?"
"Maya?" It wasn't Ana.
"Claudiu, hey. Umm, can you hand the phone to Ana?" I asked and he hung up. What a bitch...

"Ma'am there's no Maya Calloway on the list so you have to leave the line." The bodyguard said.
"What's happening here?" The door swung open to reveal Claudiu. I froze when his eyes met mine feeling my stomach turn upside down. He was in his famous black jeans white half buttoned shirt and leather jacket combo.
"She's not on the list so she can't enter."
"What do you mean she's not on the list! Come on Maya." Claudiu said and dragged me inside.
"But she's not on the list."
"She doesn't need to be on the list. She's our friend. And from now on you should remember her face 'cause you will see her more often. Now you'd better check the other people's names, I heard we have some uninvited guests inside." He said and we entered the pub. It was crowded but to the point where you could still move.

"What a dick. I hate that guy, the other one is nicer. He's coming with us on tour, can't fucking wait." He said sarcastically. I didn't know if I should be mad at him for leaving me in the middle of nowhere or not. I don't blame him though and it was my decision to break up but still, not nice of him. And if I'm being honest with myself I kind of regret my decision but it's already too late.
"Thanks. I was on the brim of beating his ass." I said and he laughed. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the sound of his laugh and tried to hide the color in my cheeks.
"No need to thank me. I'm sorry they must've forgotten to put your name, and I'm sorry I answered Ana's phone but it started ringing and I just answered thinking it was mine." He drawled stuttering.
"Don't apologize, it's my fault too I answered the email a bit late. Oh, speaking of the devil." I said and pointed to Ana approaching us. He turned and huffed a laugh. She stumbled over some guy and turned to argue with him.

"Dude, watch yourself!" She yelled at him.
"Ana, it's so good to see you!" He said and she widened her eyes as he gave her a quick hug.
"Well be careful next time I almost fell. Anyways I gotta go, it was nice talking to you." She said and started running towards us.

"Holy fuck, did I just bump into Julian Casablancas?" She said more like a statement then a question. I laughed and hugged her. "When did you get here?"
"Like five minutes ago." I answered.
"Wait what is Julian doing here?" Asked Claudiu.
"That's the same thing I'm wondering. Anyways I'm glad you came." Ana said and turned to Claudiu. She opened her mouth to say something but got cut off.
"Is that who I think it is?" A voice said from behind. I turned around and my mouth hung open.
"Miles fucking Kane? Holy shit, is that you babes?" Ana said and they all laughed. He embraced Ana and Claudiu then he turned to me.
"And who's this pretty lady?" He asked looking at me.
"I'm Maya." I said and we shook hands.
"Miles, nice to meet you."
"Yeah she's my girlfriend." Said Ana wrapped an arm around my shoulder.
"I thought I was you girlfriend." Miles answered and we all laughed.

Miles left and we met Maria and Edy at the bar. We had some drinks while discussing.

"Hello people!" Somebody cheered from behind.
"Oh, hello Tom." Said Maria.
"Can I steal one of you for a moment I need to ask you something?" He asked and Maria went with him.
"What would he want?" Asked Ana and we shrugged. We talked for some moments until Maria came back and our attention went to her.

"Can we go a bit outside, I have to tell you something?" She said and we all nodded.
We left the pub and they all lit a cigarette besides Maria who doesn't smoke, good for her.

"So?" Asked Edy exhaling the smoke through his nose.
"You guys remember Natasha, our designer?" She asked and they nodded. I had no clue who she was but still nodded.
"Well, she's pregnant and can't come with us on tour, so Tom asked if Maya can?" She said and looked at me.
"What? Me?" I asked surprised.
"Yes." She nodded.
"Omg, yes! It would be so fun, Maya come on!" Said Ana pulling my sleeve like a kid.
"Um, I don't know. Yes, I would love." I stuttered and they all cheered.
"We kinda have to go. It's almost midnight." Said Claudiu glancing at his clock and they all nodded.

"You can watch from the side with Tom." Suggested Ana. We were backstage. They were getting ready to go on stage for the live debut of the album. I nodded and got up from the couch and walked to Tom.

"Hey." I greeted him.
"Hello. I suppose Maria told you about the tour? What did you say?" He asked.
"I accepted. I can't wait!" I said excitedly.
"Yeah well we'll have to set up some rules."
"Like?"
"Like, you can't sleep in other people's rooms or bunk beds." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Hm, okay." I responded and looked away from him.
"Gotta go." He said and went on stage. He walked to the microphone and picked it up.
"Good evening! We are all here for the release of the latest album from The Death Ramps, The New Side of Us!" He said and everyone applauded. "Before we greet them on the stage I just wanted to thank them for being so professional and so open and to congratulate them on the amazing album!" He said and applauded.
"Enough of me. Let's invite to the stage our stars of the night, The Death Ramps!"