Episode 5 Fallout

Jeff's Office

Our resident staff member Marcus is standing alongside Jeff.

Marcus: Jeff, my man, we only gotta a couple chapters left until Battleground. It's looking like it can go crazy, so I gotta ask, what's next?

Jeff: The craziness is going to continue. There are some matches without some serious stakes on the show..that's about to change.

Marcus: Ok, then what?

Jeff: We have a triple threat, no titles, no shot, nothing, BUT that's where I come in and say: "they will have a higher reason to fight." When the three meet face to face in the ring, episode six, I'll be there to announce what those stakes are.

Jeff turns a shoulder to him.

Jeff: Have a good break, Marcus.

The GM heads back to his desk, more work to be done.

——————

The York siblings are sitting on equipment boxes, both not happy in the slightest.

Karen: Casey thinks she's sooo tough...heh, ok. You got lucky twice but it WON'T, WILL NOT happen again! Me and Kyle, we'll end this at Battleground. Go get some guy off the street, and we'll show you why the Yorks always win!

Her brother jumps in next.

Kyle: I was just going easy on you. I don't hit women, but when you disrespect my sister, there are consequences! You need to go get a guy who's on my level, because I'll show you, and she'll show you, just how good we are.

——————

Marcus hits the locker room, where he holds a mic to the Global Champion,

Marcus: I'm here with our Global Champion, and former world champion in SpongeBob. You got three people to worry about, and they've been outshinin' you. Whaddya gotta say about that?

SpongeBob: Even if they've been more upfront, that doesn't mean I'm out of the race. Never count this sponge out. I beat two of these people already, and even when the elimination part isn't my idea of fun, that still counts. If anyones the front runner, it's me.

Marcus: Hella confidence on you.

SpongeBob: Getting in my own head during THIS chaotic of a match? Bad idea.

The Sponge hands the mic back to Marcus.

SpongeBob: Thanks for your time.

——————

The Sponge wasn't the only one in action, as we can't forget about Deadpool. Boston Rob has the mic and opens the discussion.

Rob: This is DP, and if ya weren't watchin, that Saibot got the best of him. That stings and I gotta ask: how are ya feelin' right now?

Deadpool's head slowly rises, looking at Rob deadpan.

DP: I didn't win, so how do YOU think I feel?

Rob: Oooh attitude, we haven't seen that in a while.

The anti-hero's eyes widen..but then he takes a deep breath. Rob may have been getting smart with him, but after the strain of the last match, getting into another fight wouldn't be worth it.

DP: *whispering* Not worth it, not— *clears throat* yeah it sucks d*ck Rob, but guess what? I've never been more motivated ever since Krusty the Clown pulled that on me. I've had my time off, I've had to take a break, and losing? Makes it all feel like a waste of time. But in the end, I put my head back on and say "this isn't the end." Deadpool isn't ending his time on a low note. It's gonna be on his terms baby, and if anyone tries to whack me early, they're about to learn a valuable lesson.