Hermana is here

Friday 17 November 2028 13:00

I remember Amy's birth, like it was yesterday. It all started when I was at school, talking with Diego. The principal called me to his office. At first, I was confused, because I didn't do anything to get into trouble. When I got to his office, he had a warm, but concerned look on his face. "Ms. Rodriguez, your parents called me saying that your mother is giving birth right now and that you shouldn't worry about the situation.". '𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩!?' '𝙈𝙖𝙢𝙖 𝙞𝙨 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙄 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩!? 𝘾𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙄 𝙖𝙢!!!'. I got out my phone and dialed my dad's number. It rang for a couple of seconds and FINALLY he picked up. " H-Hi, mija." My dad said at the other end of the line. "DON'T HI MIJA ME!!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT MOM'S GIVING BIRTH!!!!!" I particularly shouted at him. I wanted to be there for my mom and now I can't because I'm in this school. "STAY RIGHT THERE!!!! I'M COMING TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!" Then I ended the call. I looked at the principal and he nodded. I speed walk Ed out of the school and put my headphones on and prepared to run.

Just go with it:

When the song ended I could hear the screams of pain from my mom.

Carlo's POV

I cried as I saw my wife and multiple doctors surrounding her. I wish I could help her, but they said I wasn't allowed in. I thought I was going to lose my wife and baby, when I heard someone call me down the hallway. "PAPA!!! PAPA!!!". It was Abigail and she looked sweaty and tired, but you could see the determination in her eyes. "Mija! You're here! Quick, go and help your mom and sister.". She nodded and went inside the delivery room.

3rd POV

When Abigail went inside, she was horrified! Her mother was in alot of pain and some doctors had to hold her down and encourage her to push harder. When a doctor saw Abigail, she knew she was they're only hope. So she gently grabbed Abigail's wrist and put her beside her mom. " Mama, don't worry I'm here for you!" She said as she looked in her mother's clouded brown eyes. She held her hand and began pushing harder. "YOU CAN DO THIS MAMA!!!! YOU ARE SO STRONG, JUST A LITTLE MORE EFFORT!!!! I'M HERE FOR YOU!!!!". Three pushes later the screaming stopped and was replaced with the crying of a baby. The doctors cleaned the baby and gently handed to Emily, who was smiling so brightly that it could lit up an entire room. Amy was finally brought into the world. Carlos walked in side and started to cry when he saw Amy. He took her out of Emily's arms and put her in his. He kissed her forehead and rocked her back and forth. He then looked at his oldest and silently thanked her with tears in his eyes. He then gave the baby to her and it was love at first sight. '𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧!". Abigail started to cry and her parents were happy-shocked. You see, Abigail is not a very emotional person, even if something sad happened to her, she would just be upset and not cry about, so this was a 𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔 rare sight to see. " We're going to have to take her now and run some tests." One of the doctors said. Abigail didn't want to let go, because she felt like if she did, her sister would disappear. But eventually she let go. The family of three out of four hugged each other and were thankful that every thing went well. Emily had to stay for a few days since the birth was a bit too extreme for her. Abigail got 3 weeks off of school since she always wanted to be there for her mother. But nothing could prepare her for the news she was about to get on the second week's Saturday.

Abigail's POV
Mom was discharged yesterday and she was doing pretty well. But today we received a call from the hospital saying that we needed to be there immediately. So he all got into the car and zoomed faster than Lightning McQueen from Cars. We all ran to the doctors office and he had a grim look on his face. "Please sit down." He said. We all sat down and he news that will probably effect our lives forever. "It is about Amy, I'm afraid that she has a very rare condition.". Now I was really scared, because what if she doesn't make it or has to spend her days in the hospital?! The doctor must've seen my expression, because he said: " Don't worry, she will be alright. It's just a sickness called sleepynosis syndrome or S syndrome for short.". (Made this sickness up).'𝙎 𝙨𝙮𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙚. 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙄 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙞𝙩?'. The name was very familiar. "It's a rare sickness. It basically makes the person affected not able to work to their full potential. If the person is working overtime and hasn't eaten or slept, they can sometimes vomit blood or nosebleed.". '𝙒𝙤𝙬, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝘼𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙮!'. (Present Abigail (19): "Oh how wrong I was. You see Amy (13) works very hard sometimes I have to threaten her with a knife in order to stop and eat something."). The doctor gave us a medicine that we should put in her milk when my mom isn't breastfeeding her. We also learned that she was born prematurely and she will be smaller than kids her age.

(Time skip to the evening)

Well, today is Amy's first night here and I'm kinda nervous, because I helped with the decorating.

With her in my arms, I took her into her room

With her in my arms, I took her into her room. At first she just looked around in confusion. '𝙊𝙝 𝙣𝙤! 𝘿𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩?'. But then I heard the most cutest thing I have ever heard in my whole life. Any was GIGGLING and she pointed to almost every thing in fascination. " I'm glad you like it. Some of these are my ideas.". I put her inside her crib and tucked her inside her blanket. "Hey! Why don't we show your sister our family tradition." My dad said in the door way with his guitar:

My mom sat on a chair and I sat on the floor while my dad started playing

I eventually fell asleep on the floor next two the crib, but not before I heard Amy cutely yawn. My mom put a pillow under my head and put a blanket over my body and before sleep took over me I heard: "Buenas noches muchachas.". For once, every thing was perfect, but I didn't know what would happen to me in the next 2 months.