🌸 Other 🌸: New Defender

A man with black hair and emerald green eyes walked down a dark hallway. Silver had already told him that the entrance ceremony had already taken place, and he was once again, not invited. He sat down in one of the chairs in the large living room and was beginning to read a book when a familiar voice called out to him.

"Hello Malleus!"

"Hello Lilia. You seen to be in a rather good mood today."

"Well, I am. And I have some news."

"Is it about Sebek?"

" No actually, it has to do with a freshie."

"Oh?"

Flashback . . . 

"Ah. Just as I'd expected." Evadne turned around to see a boy with black hair with pink highlights behind her, "I figured I'd come down and see for myself whether Malleus had made an appearance. But once again, he was evidently not informed that his presence was required at an official ceremony."

The black haired boy noticed the frown form on her face as she turned to look at the prefects.

"You have my sincerest apologies. I assure you, this oversight was in no way intended as a snub." The silver haired male said sincerely, but Evadne could see straight through his facade.

"I mean, you must admit, he's not exactly the easiest person to strike up a conversation with." Riddle said bluntly, and Evadne didn't like that.

"That didn't sound like your most sincere apology," The prefects and black haired male turned to her, "And it doesn't matter if the person is hard to approach. Simply find the time to do it, state your business, make sure they understand, and leave. Not to mention, this has happened multiple times, right?"

Now the prefects felt dumb. She was right. That wasn't his most sincere apology and being hard to approach was indeed no excuse. And she wasn't just talking to the two of them, she was also talking to the rest of the prefects.

"Apologizing over and over again does nothing if you won't fix the matter right away. So, none of you are suited to be dorm heads." The crowd began whispering and the Prefects were more than just embarrassed.

"And you." She pointed at Crowley, "Are partly responsible for this! None of this would've happened if you had your priorities straight! And letting this happen multiple times in a row isn't very much like a good headmaster. Even that damn cat could've done better than you."

A few people snickered, and Crowley quickly tried to regain his confidence. Jeez, he, the headmaster of one of the best schools in all of Twisted Wonderland, was just told of by a 15 year old girl.

Evadne turned to the now stunned black haired male and bowed, "I sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart on the prefects and headmasters behalf for their lack of memory to remember to invite your dorm leader."

The crowd erupted with loud comments.

"Did you see that? She told the prefects and the headmaster off and still apologized to him on their behalf!"

"She not only pointed out their wrongdoing, but she also apologized for them as well!"

"If you look at it now, she is more suited than all of them to be dorm head!"

"Yeah, it's a shame she doesn't have magic though. This just goes to prove how great she is at controlling issues that get out of hand!"

The black haired male chuckled, "No no, it's fine. No one has stood up for him like this, he would love to hear about what happened today. All who were assigned to House Diasomnia, follow me. I just hope he doesn't sulk about this."

"I wouldn't blame him."

End of Flashback . . . 

"Hmm. In the end, it's always the ones with the least power who rebel. Do tell her I appreciate her standing up for me."

"Why can't you do it yourself?"

"Because she will see me and run away, just like everyone else I have tried to talk to."

"Oh I'm sure she's different. Why don't you tell her yourself."

Lilia left the room, leaving him to ponder on it himself. Should he tell her? No, she would get scared and run away. But why did he feel like Lilia was right this time?