Chapter 9: Online Gaming

“Mom, what’s that thing?”

“It’s a computer. Mama thinks you are old enough to have one and it’ll be easier to call your friends.”

Leonardo gave her a tired smile and thanked her. His friends, other than Suzie, had stopped calling him. Suzie and him call every day and even learned sign language to communicate better. It was two years after they all moved. Suzie was fourteen and Leo was ten. She was learning hand to hand combat and how to shoot guns. Leo was always impressed with her determination to become a Battle Nexus Champion. Suzie was always so cool!

She never forgave her parents for making her leave the Nexus Hotel. They tried buying her back with new toys, clothes, everything and anything they could think of, but she never accepted them. Once she was eighteen, Suzie was going back to the hotel and back to Leon.

Back to the computer, he and his mother figured out how to do everything with the wires and gizmos and whatnot, so she left him alone with a kiss on the head and a tight hug.

Leo loved his room. He had a large closet of clothes, a dresser with a tv on it, a full body mirror, a dark blue four poster bed with a plum colored curtain to block the sunlight, a large window overlooking the massive gardens, and now a desk with a new computer. Leo would be the first to admit he wasn’t the smartest person in the hotel. That honor went to his mother. But virtual games really caught his fancy.

He even made a new friend online called Bootyyyshaker9000. He was super cool (though not as cool as Suzie) and was super smart. He would tell Leo about the inventions he made and rant about the ones that went wrong.

Leo really enjoyed the Street Fighter games and MineCraft. He had a pure survival world with castles and monumental structures that put youtubers to shame. Suzie and Bootyyyshaker9000 would also play MineCraft with him and they had frequent building contests.

Leo’s username was BluePineapple and Suzie’s was NexusChampion18. Though listening to the background noise on Bootyyyshaker9000’s end, he picked up that they were the same age and their birthdays were close together and that his name was Bonnie? He had to strain his ears to try and hear. However, due to their unspoken terms, he never used Bonnie’s real name while they played.

Bootyyyshker9000 was always fun to talk to. Whether they ranted about their inventions or when he made a new redstone construct in their MineCraft world. When Suzie wasn’t able to be online, Bootyyyshaker9000 was always someone he could talk to. He made Leo feel less alone.

They’d never be able to meet in real life, but Leo was content with just having a new friend.

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 😊😊💖💖
488 words
Enjoy

A special shout out to A_Literal_Mess13 and their ROTTMNT book "Love Stung"

First off that title is GORGEOUS (channeling my inner AngryReactions from tiktok) and secondly its the only ROTTMNT book that isn't a reader insert. I absolutely hate those. No disrespect to those who love them, props to you. If you like oc insert books, give this one a little look see and give A_Literal_Mess13 some love.

If you like this book, go on Ao3 where I post updates daily.