Chapter 2

The Great Oak was standing in the abandoned city of Quid Bok once it was our safe haven and the Oak, the tie to the ancient faith that belonged to us over 3,000 years ago is now the Rebellion home base and the home to all of us. It protects us.

As we approached the door to the Oak the drunkard started to wake up groaning due to his intense bruising. I looked at him and smacked him in the back of the head. Hard. I knocked him out again.

"What was that for?" Phospher asked

"Saving him some pain" I responded casually

I walked up to the door dumping the vampire's weight on Phospher and pulled it open slowly, the sound of happy laughter and yelping children filled my ears as we tried to sneak inside when Kaliac yelled

"SHE'S BACK!" His young voice carrying through the tree

"So much for going undetected," Phospher said

"Did you honestly expect anything less?" I asked him tilting my head

He just glared at me as Kaliac ran down the stairs toward where I was standing. As he got to the bottom he jumped off the stairs into my arms.

"I missed you, Aunt Zana"

"I missed you too buddy," I told him as the sound of cheerful and curious voices followed him down the stairs

I took my nephew and placed him on my shoulders grabbing the sack of heads I dropped to catch him and turned to Phospher

"Take him," I said gesturing to the drunk on his shoulders "To the healers and go see Azra and Mida"

He brightened up at the names of his mate and daughter and dragged the vampire to the healers located in the roots of the tree while I looked to the stairs and started walking with Kaliac on my shoulders.

After walking up the stairs I walked to the Dining Hall/ Great Hall of the Oak I could hear hushed voices and loud chatter all at once

"Ready Bud?" I asked Kaliac

"Ready," He said

I pushed open the door and all voices quieted my face was still hooded but everyone knew who I was I took Kaliac off my shoulders and he ran off and I threw back my hood anyways letting my long wavy black-blue hair cascade down my back and shoulders the gears braided in clinking as they tumbled out of my hood. All the Werewolves in my vicinity bowed their heads toward the ground in respect.

I looked at everyone in the Hall, walked toward the front, and turned around, the sack still in my hand, I dropped the sack on the floor looked out to the full Hall, and shouted

"A MONTH WE'VE BEEN PLOTTING THIS AND THAT MONTH AS PAYED OFF TODAY WE ACHIEVED ONE OF THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN THE PAST 3,000 YEARS" I reached into the sack and pulled out Wathier's head "THE RIGHT HAND OF THE RIGHT HAND OF THE KING IS DEAD!"

I yelled my voice echoing through the hall and a cheer went up in the Hall. The werewolves howled, the witches set off fireworks using magic, the vampires whooped and cheered, the Fae shifted from Fae to animal forms, and children of all tribes followed the adult leads.

"TONIGHT WE FEAST TO VICTORY" Caris yelled from above "AND IN HONOR OF OUR ASSASSIN THE ONLY LIVING TRIBRYD IN THE WORLD"

Caris is the General he is our "leader" of sorts but the system is more complicated than that there are multiple different Lieutenant Generals or Hadacatis and there are 6 guilds; Healer, Cook, Spy, Tryant or Warriors, Assassin, and Shield.

The Rebellion is big on feasts and parties so when Caris called for a feast immediate action was taken decorations were put up and My brother, Jantar ran up to me