4

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 FOUR

-Buhle-

On the third day of Angelo's unannounced visitation, she accompanied him to the airport, he checked in and then they waited for his flight. Her phone rang, and she ignored it after seeing that it was Clive. He called again, and then Angelo looked at her. She showed him the screen and he probed her to answer the phone... she rolled her eyes and answered.

Buhle: Hello?

Clive: Hey... uhm, ukahle?

Buhle: Yebo.

Clive: I know this is awkward Buhle but we are now married and I don't want us to treat each other as if we are strangers.

Buhle: Ngingak'siza ngani Zwelethu?

Clive: Ucasulwe yini manje Nkosazana? Angithi I was just checking up on you because you never call or text, mina ang'kwazi ukuxhumana nawe ngoba uhlezi unolaka angazi nokuthi ngenzeni ngingenzini. In all of that, I don't want you to feel like I have abandoned you.

Buhle: Ngi right. Angithi you married me so that I could take care of your home?

Clive: No... that's not true Nkosazana.

Buhle: I am okay doing just that. Was there anything else?

He sighed...

Clive: Uhm... bengicabanga ukufika lapho Friday, angazi ukuthi uzobakhona yini?

Buhle: Uze k'mina or uze kini?

Clive: Ngizobona wena mkami... ngiyacela mfethu... awung'nikeze nje ithuba ngihlale nawe sazane nje kancane. Angithi ngizofuna ucansi noma ungafuni kodwa nje ukudla one meal with your husband won't kill you.

Buhle: Mh.

Clive: Kwaz'bani, maybe nawe one day you will want to come live with me in East London. One day, not tomorrow.

She almost snorted at the idea... but calmed herself down.

Zwelethu wasn't necessarily the enemy in the whole equation, his brother was. So she couldn't really be mad at him...

Buhle: Um'usho njalo ke akunankinga... sesiyobanana Friday ke.

Clive: Ngiyabonga. Bye.

Buhle: Bye.

She rolled her eyes at the awaiting Angelo and he laughed at her annoyance.

"Uhm... Angelo?" she spoked up looking at him all serious all of a sudden.

"Mh?"

"I know you will talk to Phathu after you leave here, you don't have to admit that but please do me this one favour? Please don't tell him anything, I will tell him when I am ready"

"Phathu probably knows you love him, that's why he had never judged you but supported everything you did. I don't see why I would need to tell him anything" he answered with a shrug.

"Just... promise?"

He huffed, and held out his pinkie so they pinkie-promised.

His flight was called out, they stood up and hugged. She promised to call him at least two times in a week, but he knew that was a lie. She drove herself home right after his flight took off and when she got there, she started stalking Iyana. She was well aware that Clive was in a serious relationship in East London with Iyana Kleinbooi. Since she knew about her arranged marriage to the Khumalo's, Buhle had been keeping tabs on all of them but this specific day, her interest was on Iyana. The naïve young girl who saw red flags everywhere but thought they were Christmas decorations...