Chapter 25 - 1.25 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale XII [End]

After falling to Demonification, Xue Jing had lost his mind.

He could no longer remember anything.

​​Who he was?

What is he?

Where was he?

Nothing could be remembered. His longing and yearning for his husband to save him all this time is the only cause of his sanity at the same time his misery.

Falling on that cliff, Xue Jing had already welcomed his death.

Only to wake up in that cursed land witnessing all the suffering one could undergo in life.

He had seen souls flayed alive.

Burn.

Skewered.

Dismembered.

Smashed.

Cut into pieces.

Only to suffer the same thing over and over and over again.

These were the scenes Xue Jing had witnessed under that cliff called abyss.

Abyss is indeed hell on earth.

No wonder this is a cursed land feared by all kinds of races, even demon races themselves. This is a land of cruelty. There is nothing good in this land.

When Xue Jing opened his eyes in this land, his heart was full of fear. He is scared that he is alone in this hell. He had already accepted his death just now but he didn't die and opened his eyes in this kind of hell. His courage was all used up when he pulled those men with him in his death. He was peaceful in thinking that he had helped his husband lessen his burden in exchange for his death.

But what is this now!?

Hell?!

Hell must be a prettier place than this. At least in hell, you would know what you had to suffer and how long you would suffer. Why did you have to get punished? but in this land, there is no sense of time, no sense of existence, no clarifications of life or death. There is nothing but only cruelty and endless pain.

There is no one sane in this place.

There is only insanity.

Xue Jing felt his Dao's heart wavered for the first time.

He is extremely afraid that he would stay in this place forever.

That he wouldn't be able to reincarnate.

That he might not see his husband in the future.

He felt desperate for the first time.

He wanted to live to see his husband one more time.

Xue Jing followed those five bastards that wanted to kidnap him just in the hope to live. They've ventured deeper in the land looking for a way out but instead of finding a spark of hope that they would be able to leave such accursed land, they met their doom instead.

They've seen a humanoid demon chained at the deepest part of the land. They got lost and went even astray. Now they could never leave. Xue Jing's heart turned calm upon meeting this imprisoned mixed demon when he saw that demon's eyes.

Within those crimson eyes is intense hatred for the world. The insanity of wanting to destroy everything even himself and the extreme sadness of not being accepted. Xue Jing peeks through the soul of this demon's life. He was born into a happy family. They were thrown out of the land and have to live in isolation. But this family is happy because they are together.