Chapter 21 - 1.21 First Small Star [Extra 2] - Horror Tale VIII

"Lord Consort Xue Jing!"

They've yelled out the name of the person on the video. Most Celestial Masters had shown astonishment on their old faces. There were even some who had cried. This is a figure they've been missing for countless hundreds of years.

​​

The first celestial elder had awakened from his surprise and ran out to report immediately to their master.

"I will report to the master!"

"Stop! I would report it instead!"

"You old fogies! jumping above this senior brother's head for benefits! It's my duty to report to the master."

"Hahaha~ First come, first serve~"

What they didn't know is that the first elder who noticed the boy's presence had already sent the link to his master's account. His phone rang once as a notification sound of him receiving a message.

Lin Xia: Leave the rest to me. Pick one thing in my treasure house as your reward.

He replied: Thank you, Master!

The elder grinned evilly after getting confirmation from his master. He isn't unlike his other senior brothers, he knows that master hates noise the most. Lin Xia would like it more if you just message him the report instead of coming over personally.

He didn't inform his brothers about this as this is a secret advantage over them. He is the youngest among the master's disciples and was mostly treated as an errand boy by his senior brothers but he is smarter and easily adaptable to situations like this.

The Master's orders were to report everything that might have a connection to the Lord Consort. He had always done his report through the mobile phone and his master didn't scold him over this. Instead, praise him for being versatile.

---

Maple University

South Yard's Abandoned Building

When Xue Luli opened her eyes the first thing she saw was her boyfriend's sleeping face. It was the handsome and serene face of Fu Lian. Once he looked down he could see her little brother's adorable fat cheeks, he was chewing something even in his sleep obviously eating happily in his dream.

Munch. munch. Munch.

Xue Luli couldn't stop her playful fingers from poking at those marshmallow-like cheeks.

"Nuh~ Munch..."

Giggles~

Xue Luli silently laughs seeing her little brother's silly sleeping appearance. When she turned around to check on their other friend she noticed that the surrounding area had changed. From a ruined old building to a cleaned library with yellowed paper books, few tables and chairs scattered in the room. The structure of this place is obviously clear for her, it's the place Pen Fairy said to be the safest place in this whole haunted building.

"This is... a library? But how did we?" murmured Xue Luli.

Feeling things were getting strange all around her, Xue Luli immediately woke up her boyfriend, Fu Lian, and their friend, Ye Lou. Fu Lian, who was shaken awake, heard his girlfriend's panicking voice and instantly woke up. He held his throbbing forehead from suddenly seating up from his sleep.

Fu Lian asked, "Lili, what's wrong?"

"L-Look... Look around! Did you guys bring us here!?" asked Xue Luli in alarm.