Chapter 164 - 6.24 Third Green Star - Z District's Base Situation

X District. Granary Warehouse.

After waking up in the morning the two leaders of the groups noticed the changes around them. The snow melted faster than before and the temperature had increased tremendously. Since most zombies were frozen in ice during winter, except for the difficulty of walking within the snow, the danger from zombies was greatly lessened. But now that the snow is starting to melt faster, Su Liye and Shi Moye felt that their current situation is dangerous. Which is why when they've woken up in the morning they've ordered their people to make the transfer of grains and corn to the storage of those ability users with them.

Some were transported on the backs of the cars. They choose not to leave a single grain within that granary. Now the grains and corn they've gathered is enough for the people of Hope base to last for a whole year. They immediately left that district and returned back to the base. They no longer head to their second planned destination which is the W District. This is because the zombies were starting to wake up because the ice had started to melt.

On their way back to the base, the group changes from a small one to a large one. Su Liye's group had almost 50 people. Shi Moye's little group only had 6 members which included the leader and Yun Suisen. As soon as they returned to the base, they were besieged by ability users who served the elite families and clans in the base. The one in charge of those noble clans is none other than the Yun Clan which is led by Yun Lu, Yun Suisen's biological father.

Beside Yun Lu is his adopted son, Yun Ren. It was this man who informed the elite clans about the disappearance of their base current leader, Shi Moye. The old men of the noble faction had always wanted to overthrow Shi Moye from his position. At the beginning they pushed Shi Moye to that position as a puppet to control. After all, Shi Moye's standing in the military is low. He is only a Major and his age is still too young compared to theirs. But who would expect that the State Head's brother would arrive in the base cutting off all their hopes to take control of the authority in the whole base.

Old Sun is not only an old general in the military, he may be retired by the soldiers in the base choose to follow his command more than theirs. In that instant, they've lost more than half of authority in the base. Moreover Shi Moye also betrayed them and sided with the old general because of that they've totally lost their standing as co-leaders. Losing the right in resources and people. Thankfully the government side took a neutral standing in this conflict.

Yun Ren spoke while standing beside his father, "I'm right dad. Suisen and the leader really left the base!"

"I know. A'Ren did a good job telling dad." said Yun Lu with a smile.

"Dear leader you cannot just leave the base unattended."

"So irresponsible! Suddenly leaving without telling anyone!?"

"There are still lots of problems in the base. Limited food resources. Limited numbers of ability users to defend the base and the leader just leave without informing the rest. Do you think such unconcerned action is enough to remove you from your position."

After Yun Lu had spoken some other clan leaders had commented after him they were criticizing Shi Moye for suddenly leaving the base.

On the other hand Yun Lu, this old father might be cold towards his enemies but he is extremely warm towards his family. He is a family oriented person. Among the elite group only the Yun Family didn't pocketed resources.

Yun Lu is especially kind and spoiling towards his adopted son, Yun Ren. After his wife died from depression of losing her son and his biological son got kidnapped and lost. This old leader adopted Yun Ren as his heir at first but in the end he got closer to the child and ended up treating the latter as his real son instead.