Chapter 2

"Willow, come down and eat breakfast," Lianne yelled through the house.

"Okay!" I yelled back. I grabbed my keys and purse then ran down the hall.

"Hey lil' Willy," she said and ruffled my hair as I came into the kitchen.

"You can stop acting like I'm so much younger than you," I said slapping her hand off my hair.

She handed me my plate. "Well I can since I'm your 25 year old sister and your only 18," she said, sitting down to eat her breakfast.

I sighed and grabbed something out of my purse. Walking over to the table, I sat in the chair next to her.

"Here," I said giving Lianne my paycheck to help with this week's house bills.

"Thanks," she said shuffling some papers and sighed. "The bills are high this week for some reason,"

"Well I hope that'll help," I said. "I didn't do overtime for nothing."

She giggled. Today she cooked eggs and bacon. She set two glasses of tap water on the table when she was setting it.

Do we live by ourselves? Yes we do. We lost our parents in a vampire attack while we were walking in the streets late at night. I can still remember that attack as clear as day. My two parents' body lying dead, the kid, and ending up at my house where my sister was after I passed out. Our house isn't too crappy, but we don't have the best... that goes for the food too. She really needs to learn how to cook.

Tomorrow is my birthday, I'm turning 19. I graduated high school a year early because I rose a level up and my sister needed my help. I didn't make any friends as the school year went by. I didn't have the free time to hang out with them. I started working when I was 13 years old.

"Oh, Lele. May I buy some new clothes for tomorrow? I really need some and I wanna look nice." I asked Lianne.

"Sure, just be back by 7," she said while grabbing the dishes, getting ready to wash them.

"Okie-Dokie," I said while leaving the house.

I hopped into our small car and drove to the main mall in town.

I decided to go into Aeropostale and buy a new top to go with the new shorts I bought a week ago. While I was walking to the register, I saw this beautiful dress. It was blue with silky cloth.

"Imma get that one," I whispered to myself.

I grabbed my size and finished walking up to the register.

"That would be $18.14 ma'am," the lady at the register said. I handed her a 10, a 5, and 4 ones before collecting my bags. "Keep the change," I said and thanked her before leaving the shop.

So you know those massage chairs that'll give you a massage for a dollar? Yeaaah, well I may have had a few rounds in those before getting tired and headed off home.

It was only 6:45 when I got back and Lianne had just got off of work.

"Go in your room and get ready for dinner. And your boss called and told me you had work from 5 to 8 tomorrow, so come home immediately afterwards," she said sternly.

"Yes sir!" I said while marching to my room. I heard her laugh while I was leaving.

Lianne has always been scared about me coming back home late because of what happened to mom and dad, but I wasn't. I knew Kong Fu. And I didn't like them either...

I got into the shower, letting the water drum against my back while thinking about my birthday tomorrow. I hope it'll be special, I thought for once. I looked down at my locket necklace, opening it to see my parents staring back at me. I wish you guys were here. My sister gave me a new black one when I turned 16 as a replica. Somehow I had lost the one my parents had given me sometime around that certain day. I've seen it in pictures, it was gold and small. On the back it said 'we will always love you' and was signed by my parents.

Once I was changed and ready to go, I ran back to the kitchen to eat the dinner Lianne had just finished cooking. Tonight was chicken legs with green beans. Not much I know, but I already told you why.

Lianne sat in the seat across from me and stared to eat dinner.
"So what do you want for your birthday this year," she asked me.

"No sis, you don't have to get me anything. I don't want you to use any more money that isn't necessary."

"It's necessary for me to make you happy, so what do you want Willy," she said looking up at me.

I smiled at her. "Fine, I want for you and me to go out after work. I'll drive home and get ready. Is that okay?"

She grinned widely. "Roger that," she said while doing a fist pump in the air.

I laughed and started to finish my dinner. We chatted for awhile before going to bed. Me and my sister share a room in the back and have our twin beds from when we were little. It's better than sharing one.

"Goodnight lil' Willy" Lianne whispered.

"Night sis."

Peacefully and quietly, we drifted off to sleep that night.

VT

Comment what you thought about this chapter...

Okaaaaaaay... Second chapter done. Even if this is my second book, I still don't think I'm good at this. Hope you liked it and expect more coming. I Love You❤️