twelve

"There." I finish getting the blood off his neck and pick up all the napkins.
"No, let me get those." He grabs a couple napkins out of my hands.
"Tyler, I can clean a few napkins."
"Salem, you're a guest. Let me." He takes all of the napkins now and gets up to throw them away.

He sits back down on the bed next to me.
"I hope it didn't hurt too bad." I finally say, I can tend to get aggressive when it comes to blood I just hope I didn't hurt him.

"No, not at all." He smiles.
I was just about to say something but his room door opened.

"Dad" Tyler gets up immediately standing in a good posture.

"Who's this?" His dad asked.
"This is my friend, Salem." Tyler's nervous.

"Salem? Huh, never seen you before. Nice to meet you." His dad comes close to me about to shake my hand as he's looking at Tyler but he pulls away before I can reach his hand.

"What the hell is that?" Pointing to his neck.
Tyler doesn't say anything he just covers up the bite mark.
"No, what is that?" His dad forcefully removes Tyler's hand.

"It's, a bite." Tyler's voice is hesitant.
"A bite? From what?"
Tyler looks at me then his dad does.

"What, did she do it?" His dad asked.
"Dad listen, I told her to. She's a vampire and she just hasn't had fresh blood in awhile I told her to, it isn't her fault." Tyler rantingly explains.

"Get out." His dad looks at me with his eyes full of anger.
I don't move, I don't wanna leave especially now that he's mad. Tyler's gonna have to deal with that anger from his father.
"Get out!" A louder yell, an aggressive one.

Tyler looks at me and nods of reassurance.
I slowly get up and leave Tyler's room.

I get downstairs but I stay to listen for a minute.

"Dad why are you so mad?" Tyler yells
"Because son, she is a freak. And you not only let her in my house but also let her bite you! I won't tolerate you hanging out with an outcast."

"Mom would allow it." Tylers yell grows louder.
"Well your mom ain't here, so it's my rules." I hear a door slam and footsteps coming downstairs, I run out the front door as fast as I can.

I don't even care to call a car, I just run home.
It's a 25 minute walk but I ran it in 15.

Once I got in the school and into our room I immediately checked my phone to see if Tyler messaged me.
He didn't, I hope he's alright.

"Hey. How was your night?" Enid jumps up in glee but quickly sees my sad reaction and changes hers.

"What's the matter?"
"His dad came in his room and got mad because in his words "she's a freak.' And Tyler told me to leave but I dont know if Tyler's okay now." I'm panicky, an emotion I haven't felt in awhile.

"Oh my gosh, maybe text him." Enid suggests.
I unlock my phone and text Tyler.

Are you alright?

After I hit send Enid looks at me with a smile, I look at her as if to say "what."

"Tell me about how it went before his dad came and ruined it."

"I can't, I'm worried about him."
"Which is why you should distract yourself with the good parts of the night. Come on, spill."

I sigh before giving in.
"He offered me to drink from him."
"Like, his blood?"
I nod.
"Okay, and did you?" Enids face grows in suspense.
"I did." I smile.

"Oh my god, Salem smiling over a boy?"
"He tasted good. I really really liked it." I giggle.
"You totally want another taste." Enid laughs.
I just laugh with her but I feel wrong laughing knowing Tyler may not be okay.. so my expression goes back to worry.