Happy Birthday Sebastian!!!

After getting all my work done on the farm, I decided to take a walk around town. Maybe to buy some seeds from Pierre's, chat with the neighbors, or do some fishing in the river. That is, until I happened to glance at the calendar in front of Pierre's shop. It was the 10th of winter.

"Holy crap. I almost forgot." I muttered to myself, before running up the trail, past the community center, and toward the mountain.

Once I got to Robin's shop, I opened the door, and Robin greeted me with a wave.

"Need something built?" She asked.

"Uh... No. I'm actually looking for your son." I responded awkwardly.

Robin had a smug grin on her face, as she said "He's in his room. Like usual." with a quiet laugh.

"Okay. Thanks. See ya later." I said, making my way down to my friend's room.

After knocking on the door, I paused when I heard a quiet "Come in..." before opening the door, and peeking inside. "Hey, Sebby! Hap-" I paused mid sentence, when I saw the boy sitting on his bed, hugging his legs close to his chest, with his head resting on his arms. For a moment, he looked up at me, as if he was surprised I was here, before looking back down at the floor.

"You okay, buddy?" I asked, now standing in front of his bed. He just shrugged, before I sat next to him.

"Come on, birthday boy. What's bothering you?" I ask, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He just looks at me for a moment, and quietly asks "You remembered my birthday?"

The room went silent, as I gave him a sad smile, trying to hide my worry as I thought "Was I the only one who remembered? There's no way Sam and Abi would forget their friend's birthday, right...? Robin didn't even seem to pick up on why I was here to see her son. She just gave the usual smug look she gives when one of Seb's close friends comes down to see him, as if she assumes something going on-" I stopped my train of thought when I felt my smile starting to slip, and said "Of course I did, Seb. Why would I forget my best friend's birthday?"

The man just looked at me with the same look a puppy would give someone after being kicked.

I felt my heart shatter, as I thought "Really?! Did no one else actually remember?!"

I then let out a sigh, grabbed my backpack, and pulled something out of it.

A frozen tear.

"You... Went into the mines for this...? For me...?" He asked, as I gave it to him.

"Yeah. I thought it looked cool... No pun intended... And I wanted to get you something you'd like." I said, before hearing Seb let out a quiet chuckle.

"Thanks. It is really cool." He said with a smile.

Silence filled the room once again, before I quietly asked "So... Ya got any fun plans for today?"

Seb slowly shook his head, and said "I don't usually do anything on my birthday... It's just another day for me. No one in the house really even notices I'm here, so what's the point of making a big deal out of the fact that I've been here for another year?"

I paused for a moment to think, before standing up, and saying "Seb. Get up."

He just looked at me with a confused expression, and asked "Uh... Why?"

"We're doing something fun today." I said, grabbing his hand, and pulling him from the bed.

I was able to drag him to his door, before he sarcastically said "Y/n... What could we possibly do today that would actually be fun?"