Series 2

Posters

New Worlds Await

Series 2 of His Dark Materials  is the second series in the TV series

Series 2 of His Dark Materials  is the second series in the TV series. It was commissioned in 2018 by the BBC before Series 1  had aired. It contains 7 episodes and was broadcast in the UK by the BBC on 8 November and by HBO internationally on 16 November 2020, in spite of the COVID-19 pandemic. Unlike Series 1, which contained 8 episodes, one standalone episode based on Lord Asriel  did not get filmed before TV production was shut down due to the pandemic and thus will not air.

Series 2 Plot

Lyra follows Lord Asriel into the mysterious abandoned city Cittagazze where she meets Will, a boy from our world who is also running from a troubled past, As They Both Find Themselves In The Adult-Abandoned City Of Cittàgazze. They Both Realise They Are Connected To Cittàgazze After Realising That They Are Connected To A Special Knife Held In The Tower Of Angels In Cittàgazze But There Is Something Wrong In The City, With The Mysterious Species Known As Spectres. Together, they learn that their fates are tied to reuniting Will with his father. Meanwhile, Mrs. Coulter continues her effort to bring Lyra home by any means necessary.

Trailers

Episodes

Episode 1: The City Of Magpies- Lyra and Will find themselves in a strange new place. The Magisterium React To Asriel's Actions And take action as Mrs Coulter interrogates a suspected heretic witch, and Lee Scoresby embarks on a mission.

Episode 2: The Cave- Lyra crosses into Will's world, and they set off to find answers about Dust. Will is shocked to discover he has grandparents, but quickly realises he can't trust them.

Episode 3: Theft- Lyra ignores the alethiometer, with dangerous consequences for her and Will. Lee Scoresby's search for Grumman brings an unlikely ally, and the witches seek answers.

Episode 4: Tower Of The Angels- In search of the knife, Will and Lyra try to gain entry into the Torre Degli Angeli. Lee finds Grumman - or Jopari, as he is now known - and they take to the sky in search of the knife bearer.

Episode 5: The Scholar- Will and Lyra plan to steal the alethiometer from Boreal but are set back by an unforeseen guest. MacPhail takes decisive action, and Mary takes a leap of faith.

Episode 6: Malice- Lyra and Will find allies who can help them in their search for Will's father. The Magisterium learn something shocking, and Mrs Coulter meets a formidable foe.

Episode 7: Æsahættr- As all paths converge on Cittàgazze, Lee is determined to fulfil his quest, whatever the cost. Mrs Coulter's question is answered, and Will takes on his father's mantle.