Confusion and Confliction

"Why did you choose the most haunted hotel in the state for my recovery?" "It isn't that bad." "it is that bad." I looked down the long, tilted hallway that looked straight out of The Shining. "This hotel probably has had multiple murders." "c'mon, we aren't even in our room yet!" "I bet it's even worse." I stopped to adjust my supporting crutches, and  Autumn walked ahead. And she was fast. I always joked that she walked like a bird, tiny steps but she gets pretty far. "slow down, tend to the wounded!" She looked back, smiling. I felt good. It was nice being back with Autumn, even if I worry about her safety. She slowed down and walked beside me. "will we be able to get Diablo soon?" I asked, impatiently, changing the subject to something not horror related. "soon. The doctors say that you need to rest." "fine"  we reached the hotel room, finally. This hallway seemed to stretch farther and farther the more you walked, but maybe it was just me. Autumn turned the room key on the doorknob and we entered. It was better than I expected, not too modern, but nice. I thought that It must have been built in the 2000s or something. But it was still a shadow of itself, as in it wasn't the cleanest. I limped to the couch and lay down, it felt nice to finally rest my leg. "This isn't so bad," Autumn said, going into the bedroom and laying down her suitcase. I asked, "When will the black mold screening end?" She looked over, "In a week or two." I sighed, I just wanted to get Diablo and go home. "But I have good news" She smiled and sat down next to me. "What?" "I know where Diablo went!" "Really?!" "Yes! we can go there tomorrow and pick him up!" I was so relieved, Diablo will come back! I could not wait until tomorrow. Finally, things will be normal again. Finally.