12 a.m. Thoughts

"What are you doing?" Nanon asked as he sat down beside Chimon who have his hands up in the air, looking at it.

"Nothing, just thinking," Chimon replied, hands still up in the air.

"About what?" Nanon took a sip of his coffee.

It's currently 12 am and none of them are planning to sleep sooner or later.

"They said that if someone crossed to the afterlife, they become a star that watches over us," there was a pause, "I wanna be a star too." Chimon finally let his hands down and snapped his head to Nanon as Nanon almost choked on his drink.

"What the- here drink this and go to sleep." He offered his coffee to Chimon which was refused.

"I don't drink coffee." He looked back at the sky, and Nanon did the same.

"You and your weird 12 am thoughts," Nanon sighed and took a sip again before shaking his head.

~~~

𝐍𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I never thought that he would do what he just said. He became a star just like what he wanted.

It's past 10 p.m. and I'm sitting by the window, looking up at the sky, having a cup of coffee again. Not planning to sleep any time soon.

As I looked at the night sky, one star caught my attention, a very bright one. It reminded me of Chimon.

I threw my hand up in the air, doing what Chimon usually does, and acted like reaching out for one of the stars.

"What are you doing?" I almost jumped out of my seat startled.

"Jeez! You scared me!" I brought my hand down and took a sip of my drink.

"Okay, okay sorry but what were you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just remembered something," I said. He sat down beside me with a grin.

"Were you thinking of me?"

"No!" I lied.

"Oh come on Nanon! Why else would you be reaching the stars like I did? Do you wanna be a star too?" Chimon giggled and laughed at me teasingly.

"I said that's not it! I just kept thinking about that time when you said you wanted to be a star, that-"

"Nanon..." He held my face in both hands and made me face him, "We've already talked about this before, right? It's not like I did the opposite right? Let's not talk about it anymore."

"But what if the opposite happened? What wou-?" He cut me off again with his finger on my lips

"Shh, it's 12 am already," he said and went to move closer to me before smiling like a fool again.

"What are you doing? Don't tell me you're thinking about weird things again?" His smile just widened and then he turned his head towards me.

"Yeah it's weird but I remembered what they always say don't take the risk, you might lose both in the end," he spoke

"Lost what?" I asked confused

"Your friend and your lover," he paused again and turned his whole body towards me," but what if I'm willing to take the risk? What if I want to change the meaning of our 'bf' to boyfriends and not best friends?What if-"

"Let's make that happen? What if I am also willing to take that risk?" I cut him off and leaned closer.

He was frozen in place clearly taken aback by my sudden burst out. I leaned in a bit closer, our faces only an inch apart that I could feel his breath on my mouth.

"Why so shocked? Isn't this what you wanted?" I whispered teasing him.

I saw the shift in his gaze and the light tint of pink in his cheeks, his cheekbones slightly going up. Cute.

I let out a laugh, a smirk plastered on my face as he pushed me softly away from him.

"N-Nanon~" he whined and pouted.

"What? I just made your thoughts real and I am not regretting any of it even if I lose both at the end," I confessed, leaning back with both hands supporting my weight and looking at the night sky.

Chimon was quiet but I could see him smiling shyly while also looking at the sky.

I was about to say something when Chimon suddenly stood up and kissed my cheeks then ran toward the bed

"Let's sleep, it's already late," he said and hid under the sheets.

I can't help but giggle at him before following him.

The best 12 am thoughts so far. I smiled and entered dreamland.

~END~