Josie's first case

Josie and Amanda got word from Olivia that there was an attack on East Cassidee ave. Involving a victims of gunshots, and the one of the gunshot victims was one of their own, an NYPD cop. They took Amanda's cruiser down to the scene, and it was- to say the least, gory. "Hey there, I'm Amanda Rollins, and this is my partner, Josie Olivero, can you tell us your name?" Amanda asks, sweetly, "I-I'm Madi, Madi De La Garza," the young girl who looked to be around 15-16 years old replied, clearly shaken up, it looked like she had a gunshot wound to right knee. "Nice to meet you Madi, tell me, do you remember anything from the attack?" Amanda inquired, "well, all I really remember was someone dressed in all black came up to us, and told me specifically that if I didn't give him my purse, that he would shoot my brother and I, he had a black zip up hoodie, black denim jeans, and a black mask on. I didn't give him my purse, because it had all the money I had earned from babysitting in it, and I was planning on treating my brother to lunch." Madi explained, "that was very brave of you. We're going to take you down the the hospital, and collect any DNA the perp may have left, but firstly get that wound taken care of!" Josie stepped in, Madi nodded and they loaded her up into the ambulance, the other victim had already been taken to the hospital.

At the hospital:

Something about Amanda seemed so familiar to Josie, they had the same smile, the same hair color, and even a similar laugh. She shook it off, knowing they had a case to work on, but little did she know, Amanda was thinking the same exact thing. Maybe she'd do a DNA test later to find out who her real mother is, she'd been wanting so badly to find out. But right now, she needed to focus on the case at hand, "okay, the victims are getting the medical attention they need, and we have swabbed them for DNA. Our job here is done, we just need to wait for the results to come back in." Amanda informed the nineteen year old. "Alrighty, I'll meet you out in the cruiser in just a minute, there's something I need to do." Josie replied, Amanda nodded, and headed out to the Ford Explorer they used for a police cruiser. "Ma'am, I was wondering if I could get a DNA test done..."

Two weeks later:

There was a knock on Josie and Mae's apartment door, "Voy a buscarlo abuela!" (I'll get it grandma!) "Hi, how can I help you?" Josie asked, opening the door to a delivery woman, "hi, are you Josie Olivero?" Josie nodded, "this package is for you, I just need a signature here." She replied, Josie signed, and she took the package from the lady, thanked her and closed the door. The DNA results had come back, she took a shaky breath in, and slowly opened it. She closed her eyes, momentarily before opening them, and staring down at the paper. 'Mother: Amanda Rollins' 'Father: Carlos Olivero' she almost dropped the papers, she had been working with her biological mother for 2 1/2 weeks, and she didn't even know it!