Missing you

"Luc, please be careful while you're over there. Promise me. I can't imagine what I would do if I lost you, you mean too much to me." I pleaded, tears now freely falling down my face, "Josie, where is this coming from? You're never like this, was there a bad case that you had today?" He asked, concern lacing his voice. "Yeah, a serial rapist, his MO was coming into different apartment buildings, posing as a pizza delivery man, pistol-whipping the boyfriend, and then attacking the girl. The one that Kat and I had to take care of shot, and killed the fiancé, and the victim was a total wreck with emotion, my mind immediately went to you. I just kept thinking about if I were to ever lose you, I wouldn't know what I'd do." I replied, "Josie, please don't think about that, I'm not going anywhere, I'm going to be with you till the day we die. Nothing will happen to me, I promise. I'm going to be home in less than a week, I am safe, God is protecting me, and I'm in a safe home, they're taking care of me. I cannot wait to hold you again." He replied, that he had a husky morning voice, that I found to be hot. He combed his hand through his hair, he knew I loved it when he did that. "I know, baby. I'm probably just over-thinking this too much, and like I said it doesn't help that I'm a cop either. But please, just be careful." I replied, pulling my hair into a messy bun, "I will. I love you, I was also going to ask you how work was going." He asked, "It's going good, except for that one case, of course. Liv promoted me to sergeant, and I also found out that Rollins is my biological mother. So I had to change partners, I'm working with Kat now, and I've also been reading my bible and praying more." I responded, "That's amazing baby, I've been praying for you every day, and Amanda Rollins is your freaking mom??? I always knew you two looked alike. That's bonkers! Oh, and I'm so very proud of you, Josie. That's amazing!" He replied, his ear-to-ear smile brightening up my whole day. "Thank you, babe. I appreciate it. I miss you so much, I should get going though, because I have another long day ahead of me at the office tomorrow morning. I love you so much." I told him "OK Joey I love you too. Sleep well. Have a good day tomorrow and call me when you get off of work" he told me "OK I will see you tomorrow" I replied, "Are you OK in there, Josie?" Olivia asked. "Yes, I'm OK Liv, I was just talking to Luc. I'll be out in two seconds" I responded closing my laptop. I shuffled back out to the apartment kitchen "My old partner Elliot Stabler is coming over tomorrow for dinner. I hope you don't mind I think you'd like him." Olivia told me. "Oh, that's great! You talk about him all the time, I'm excited to meet him! Are you two like... dating or something?" I asked shyly, she burst out laughing, "Haha, you're funny, Josie! Stabler and I together, hell no! We were partners for 12 years. Nothing about our friendship has changed."