XII. perfectly imperfect like it had to be

CHAPTER TWELVE.   perfectly imperfect like it had to be

   perfectly imperfect like it had to be

      Kennedy's patience was low. She got annoyed very easily even when she didn't mean to. She thought working at Weathervane would be fun considering she and Tyler were friends but she was audibly mistaken when she had to deal with the customers. "Hmmm." A normie boy standing in line to order hummed. He looked her up and down while smirking. "So, what's your favorite thing here?"

His horrible attempt at flirting made Kennedy want to snap his neck. "I like anything with cinnamon." She answered as politely as she could.

"Cinnamon?" He repeated and kept the smirk on his face. "Spicy. Like you, I'm assuming?"

She faked a smile. "Definitely."

"I'll take an iced latte. Add some cinnamon on the top.  I trust your judgment." He continued to smirk. His wire rimmed glasses were too big for his face.

I'm sure you do, she thought to herself. Giving him another fake smile, she took his money and made his latte. Sprinkling a good amount of cinnamon on top, (A little more than a good amount in hopes that he would choke) Kennedy handed him the order. "I hope you enjoy."

"Oh, I will." He put a five dollar bill in the tip jar and winked at her. He went to sit down with a group of his friends.

Kennedy's face dropped in a glare and she huffed in annoyance. Tyler walked past her and heard it. "You okay?" He asked with a small laugh.

"Oh, I'm wonderful. Just got hit on by the like fifth guy today."

He shrugged. "At least you get tips for it."

"That's very exploitative."

"Welcome to the service industry."

Humming in agreement, Kennedy looked over to see Xavier wiping down the tables. He turned his head in her direction and gave her a small smile. She returned it and looked away quickly, leaning her arms against the counter.

She watched the boy that attempted to flirt with her laugh with his friends. He pointed at her and it caused his friends to look her way. She mustered up the fakest smile she could and waved at them, causing the nerdy looking boys to gasp that a girl like her was actually acknowledging them.

When they looked away, Kennedy's eyes focused on the flirty one and she narrowed her eyes. Straining herself, she jerked her head to the side and the latte that he was holding spilt all over him. "SHIT!"

His yell gained Tyler's attention and his eyes widened.  He grabbed a towel and quickly ran around the counter to help. "Oh my, I'm so sorry. . ."

She smirked to herself.

Hearing a chuckle, Kennedy turned her head to see Xavier shaking his head. "What?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing."