XXV. you're the only friend I need

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.   you're the only friend I need

      Kennedy was concerned when she saw Xavier speeding walking through the quad

Kennedy was concerned when she saw Xavier speeding walking through the quad. She walked up behind him. "Xavier, are you okay?"

Xavier spun around and saw her. He quickly hid his fear with a smile. "Hey, babe."

She ignored the way her heart thumped at the name. "You seem a little frantic." She pointed out.

"Me? Oh no, I'm fine. There's just something I have to do today."

She hummed. "Oh. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, it's something I have to do on my own," he denied. He walked forward closer to her and kissed her forehead. "I'll text you when I get back, okay? I gotta go. I love you!"

"I love you, too." She said but he had already rushed off. She blinked a couple times.

Presley joined her side. "What's up with him?"

"I'm not sure," Kennedy replied then shrugged. "I'm sure it's nothing. I was gonna go get coffee at the Weathervane. Wanna come?"

"Sure. I need about three cups anyway. I haven't eaten in like two days."

Kennedy's eyes widened. "What do you mean? Did you already drink all those blood bags?"

She groaned. "I didn't mean to but I couldn't help it! It was just right in front of me."

Kennedy sighed. "I'll take you into the woods later."

Kennedy smiled at Tyler when she entered the coffee shop. "Hey, Tyler."

He smiled at the pair. "Hey, Ken. Hey, Presley. What can I get you guys?"

"I'll take my usual and Presley will take whatever's the strongest."

"Whatever it is makes sure to add four pumps of expresso." Said Presley.

Tyler furrowed his brows. "Jesus, everything okay?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. I just drank all the blood I had two days ago so I'm a little woozy."

He blinked rapidly and looked slightly creeped out. Kennedy shook her head. "Don't worry. She's harmless." She paid for their coffees and went to sit down in a booth. "God, I'm exhausted. All this monster hunting's starting to affect my sleep schedule."

"I can't believe you're still doing it after what happened at the Gates house. I mean, you almost died." Presley dramatized.

"I don't go down easily," she said with a smirk. "Besides, it's kinda fun going on all these adventures. Before Wednesday showed up Nevermore was boring."

The vampire nodded. "I will admit things have gotten interesting. But isn't she kind of. . . dangerous?"

Kennedy chuckled. "We're all dangerous, Pres. Someone people just don't want to admit it."