Day 7 - Class

This was it.

Three years ago, Makoto Naegi had officially became a student of the 78th Class of Ultimate at Hope's Peak Academy, as the Ultimate Lucky Student. During this time, he had made some incredible memories.

Sure, the school certainly had some problems that it's prestige made people overlook, but he had made lifelong friends, despite everyone in his class being far more impressive than himself.

But now it was all over. He was nearing the end of his three year course and his last winter at the academy. He'd done his best to plan out his life from that point, preparing to leave the school and head out into the big world.

With so few months left in the school year, and with it being Boxing Day, Makoto was overcome with bittersweet nostalgia. He'd already done a quick scan of the school, running into many of his classmates, as well as underclassmen and upperclassmen alike. Aoi Asahina had invited him and Byakuya Togami to a late Christmas party. He'd had a hearty meal in the dining hall with Shuichi Saihara. He'd talked about his future with Tsumugi Shirogane. And now, he was just sitting by himself in the classroom, collecting his thoughts.

His life had changed so much over the past three years, he didn't know what or how he should feel. However, one thing he realized is that in his heart, he felt that something was missing...

And it wasn't until one of his classmates stepped into the room through the sliding door that he realized what it was.

The Ultimate Detective, and his fellow classmate at Hope's Peak, Kyoko Kirigiri arrived and immediately noticed him sitting down. Makoto was as surprised to see her as she was to see him.

"Oh! Kyoko! Hey!" he greeted her.

"Makoto?" she responded, "what are you doing here?"

"Well...not much to be honest...just...thinking about things," he smiled, "is something wrong?"

Makoto was one of the very few people, especially inside the school, that Kyoko was often honest with. She was usually very abrasive, and despite her willingness to participate, she was usually the quiet one of the conversation, never really chiming in with her opinion unless it mattered immensely. She was a woman with an air of mystery and many didn't understand her, but Makoto felt proud to be one of the few people she trusted to show her softer side. Kyoko grabbed a seat from a different desk and sat down opposite Makoto.

"Nothing, I just stopped by...But now that I'm here, I might as well sit with you, if you don't mind," she explained, "I've been so busy with work lately that it's hard to visit often."

"I see. You do seem pretty busy lately, Kyoko..." Makoto pondered, "You weren't here for Christmas. I thought...I honestly thought wouldn't see you until next year...If at all."

"Did that make you sad?" she smirked.

"Y-Yeah, very," Makoto blushed, "why, is that weird?"

"No...it's sweet of you." she chuckled, "to be honest, I thought that too. So what exactly were you thinking about before I arrived."

"You know what? I was pretty content with my time here, but today I felt like...something might have been missing," he said "my subconsciousness led me to the classroom and...now I know what it is. I think I was missing...You."

"Me...?" she frowned.

"I know how that sounds...And I know you're busy, but..." Makoto explained, "if there's something bothering you, you can tell me. I can help you. Maybe I won't be much help, but...I want to try."

Kyoko hesitated for a second, Makoto's words playing on her. After a brief, and honestly rather awkward, moment of silence, she responded.

"Then...tell me about yourself Makoto."