𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐈

NEW YORK CITY, NY
BENNY'S GOURMET SEAFOOD EATERY
19:50
ten minutes before...
***

"You've got to be kidding me..."

Mumbled a very frustrated Aavya. It was the night of her birthday, at her favorite restaurant in New York City, with her children. She wore a long, gray sweater dress that was off the shoulder, and completed the look with a pair of silver heels. Her makeup was a neutral beat, the only dramatic part being her eyeshadow, which was a mix of grey, black, with silver lining, and her hair flowed down her back. She was standing, bundled in her black trench coat, her children standing behind her, as she discussed with the hostess about her reservation. This was a high-end restaurant, a place Aavya had shown numerous people because her mother used to take her there and it was special to her. Aavya's kids loved this restaurant, and so did she.

"Ma'am, I'm shuffling through looking for your reservation - I promise. Please just give me a moment," the hostess excused, nervously stifling through the heaps of reservations for the place. Aavya sighed, shutting her eyes. She was irritated because it was the night of her birthday, the night where she was to be with her kids, enjoying her favorite lobster baked potato with a side lobster bisque, and a glass of white wine, where she could appear to be a mysterious being enjoying her night. Now, this put a damper on her plans.

Her kids were growing irritated, Mei was stomping. Aavya shot her looks signaling her to pipe down, and Markus calmed her down by giving her his iPad so she could play on it.

The restaurant was buzzing with hungry customers, and it was getting crowded. Aavya was never the type to get angry with those simply doing their job, but she had been frustrated. She had an issue getting her kids from Kevin's mother, an issue getting ready, and she's just irritated with how her birthday was going. Aavya sighed, getting right back into the conversation with the hostess.

"Anything now?" She asked, and the hostess glared at her.

"I will let you know!" She hissed, to which Aavya jerked her head back to in a feeling of disrespect. Aavya sighed, rubbing her forehead in frustration.

Aavya was so sucked into the conversation with the hostess that she didn't notice her children standing right in the middle of the lobby of the restaurant. Mikayel looked up from his phone, and scoffed at Markus.

"Tie your shoe before you bust your head open," Mikayel spat, and Markus looked at him and crossed his arms.

"I don't want to," Markus pouted, to which Mikayel rolled his eyes to.

"Do what you want, dude. But when you have a large knot busting out your forehead and no girl will want to talk to you, don't come crying to me about it!" Mikayel said, and he went back to aimlessly scrolling onto some website that is slowly but surely killing his brain cells.

Markus gasped, looking down at his shoes. His Jordan's were new, and Kevin would be on his ass if his shoe strings were dirty. So, Markus bent over and began to tie his shoes.

Now, one thing about Markus, he had no spacial awareness, so he was on the floor of the restaurant, focusing intensely on his shoes and tying them tightly. Markus had trouble with certain things, like tying his shoes, his lefts and his rights, and more basic things that someone his age should know.

With everything going on, the hostess and Aavya arguing, and the loudness of the restaurant, Aavya had stopped paying attention to her children. It was not until she heard a scream, a thud, and felt the force of her child drop to the floor. Everything paused, and Aavya immediately switched her attention towards Markus. The scene was dramatic, he was sprawled out on the floor, and Aavya could not help but gasp. But, when she noticed a tall figure beside her son, her eyes trailed up to lean body and she felt her heartbeat quicken. It was like time froze, the earth stopped spinning, or was spinning backwards, because when Aavya's eyes met up with the figure's eyes, she immediately felt her heart skip a beat.