𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒 (𝐑𝐄𝐇𝐀𝐁)

NOVEMBER 8, 2015
NEW YORK CITY, NY
BENNY'S BAR
***
"You miss me, baby?"

"You should be home with your wife..."

"Why?"

...

"You don't mean that, do you?"

...

"Do you?"

"No."

"So, why don't you come here?"

***

***

"Happy birthday, Aavya!"

Confetti in glittered form was blown into the air, loud noises of screaming and giddied laughter, and bright lights flashed as Aavya walked into the bar and finally laid eyes on what was in front of her. Briana stood excitedly behind her, stroking her pregnant belly, as she held the blindfold that was once wrapped around Aavya's eyes, and watched as Aavya genuinely looked surprised to see all that was in front of her.

There stood old high school friends, some extended family members, some newer friends, and some closer friends. No kids in sight. Aavya smiled.

Aavya looked back at Briana with a charming smile and tears in her eyes. "You did this for me? My birthday isn't even until tomorrow!"

"Happy birthday, sista!" Briana wished, as she walked closer to Aavya and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "We gon' party whether it's today, tomorrow, yesterday, two weeks from now! We still gon' party!" Aavya wiped her eyes, and turned back around. Seeing all the people in her life, some she hadn't talked to in some time, really made her happy. Sayir walked up to Aavya and placed a kiss on her cheek as well. The two stared lovingly at each other.

"Happy birthday, gorgeous." He wished, which caused Aavya to blush from shyness.

"Let's get this party started!" Briana announced, and everyone in the bar cheered loudly to begin the party festivities.

***
It was Aavya's 43rd birthday party, and she was more than excited to celebrate it. The past years had been tough on her, but overall happy she'd overcome all that was needed to. It'd been two years since she had any contact with Michael, a year since her divorce from Kevin had been finalized, and now the two switched off with the kids every two weeks. It was Kevin's weeks with them. Aavya had been working at her job as a receptionist at one of Michael's publishing companies for two years, and it'd been really nice. The pay was good, it was close to her apartment, and surprisingly she never had to talk to Michael.