5 | Happy

Maya's POV

Why does Monday always comes early and Weekend very very late?
I think this is for the first time in my work life I felt, too much demotivational. I am not in mood to work today, I want to take leave but I also don't want because I want to hear everything from Trisha about her.

As usual I went to office and I waited till the first tea break. She was super busy with her work, but promised me to spill the tea during lunch break. I was okay with that. But curiosity was killing me.
This is why I avoid people in my life generally, I mind their business more than mine at times.

I went back and continued my work dejectively. As I was busy proof reading the file related to release documents from the on-going project, I received a text message from my father. Initially I ignored when I heard ping sound from my mobile but the curiosity and demotivation to work made me to look into it.
He texted encouraging words like being with right one makes sense.
My face is just blank as my emotions. I really don't understand why all of a sudden they are behind my back about marriage.

Honestly I don't have objection to marriages, but I have for mine. I just don't believe that I get the right one even if I search whole planet.
I am sacred that I may end up with wrong person and get trapped. I know I am thinking so much but being introvert and reading all the news about married people problems just added distaste to my thoughts on the marriage.
Sometimes we have to trust the flow. But I am questioning it now.

I really want to argue with him about all the worst things that can happen, but I won't. I am not not even in my proper state of mind to respond back to him.

I was about to focus back to work, Trisha appeared with smiling face. Now hopefully wait will end.

"I agreed to the proposal and my parents are ecstatic. Amar impressed them. His family are so supportive. And surprisingly I am selected, HR sent the offer letter. I resigned today." She said everything in one go.

I am just dumb founded to her words.
OMG! So much info at one stretch.

She is genuinely happy and her face is glowing.

"Ha!! You must really be relieved now that you got off the chest." I told her with mischievous smile.

"Of course. I really was holding my tongue."

"Congratulations"

"Thank you"

"Actually Amar wants to meet you. We are really owe you." What?

"No. That won't be necessary. I am happy that you are happy. And about meeting your boyfriend, I think it's not necessary." Because I am awkward as hell to meet strangers.

"Wow. I knew you will be rejecting to meet him. So, here is the small token of gratitude." She extended a gift wrapped box to me.

I was hesitant and just shaked my head as no.

She was insisting and was not taking no for an answer. I reluctantly took it.
There is nothing wrong with gift culture, my only issue is I am a bad gift giver. I do not know what to gift anyone and avoid taking or receiving the gifts.

She invited me to lunch, but I declined stating the work. Then she proceeded to invite me to meet outside the work. Again I declined stating I am comfortable.

I was ok to hang out as a friend but I know she really wants to have good meal with me as a token of gratitude. This makes me so much overwhelming. I am glad she did not insist on anything further.

I really took a late lunch break today. I was just overwhelmed by everything that I did not even process the complete information about her proposal and everything.
I think this is all because of my sour mood.