chapter 17

"You once said,
That one day, all will be settled,
Over and done.
We can pack our bags,
And smile into the morning sun.
It's all reaching to an end now.
But there is no sunshine, smile,
Or you.
All I hear is him,
Tempting me to do,
The act I never wanted to.
And all I hear is a hymn,
To make a wish,
And pull the trigger!"

S.P.Phantom

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

WARNING:
this chapter contains a lot of triggering situations.
trauma, torture, drugs, mentions of rape and assault.
it is not to be treated lightly, please prepare yourself before reading it! or run through it if you can't handle it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The same day of the assassination – 8 AM – Apathia

Riki finished his breakfast and looked around the empty apartment. Iason had left an hour ago and Axel was with Cal. The young furniture was now at their door almost every day, suggesting to take the Collie out for a walk so the couple can have some private hours to themselves.

He didn't mind it but at the same time, Riki liked the mornings where Axel happily jumped on their bed, woke them up, and sometimes became brave enough to cover Iason's face with his saliva from excessive licking! He also appreciated that his Blondie didn't hate Axel or scolded him harshly when the dog was completely out of control!

But he didn't talk about how he felt out loud. Riki was smarter to do that in front of a 'too much in bed and everywhere else' Iason! He never mentioned how much more he feels safe living in that apartment or how he anticipated to come back to it after a hard day. He tried to show it in some of his actions, yet not a word concerning the matter left his mouth.

Dark memories of the past were beginning to leave him alone and only bother him once every few weeks. The episodes had been less severe as well and a lot less.

Overall, Riki the dark felt a lot better and more like the feisty mongrel he used to be. Although, now a lot more matured version of it!

The fact that Iason had let go of his stubbornness and allowed him to meet up with his former gang members once or twice a month also was a great booster in his mental state.

Iason wanted to have dinner with him that night, they were supposed to eat at this five star restaurant that was on top of the tallest building on the tourist station close to Amoi. They had a few of these luxurious stations built around the orbit of the planet. Satisfying the foreign travelers were Amoi's guarantee, but the most important goal of the people living on it were seducing the tourists with many shades and layers of hallucinating delusions. The brighter the lie, the stronger the effect.

Since he had nothing to do for the day, Riki decided to go for a walk and visit his buddies at their usual spot in Ceres. So, he put on his sleeveless turtleneck sweater, the brand new warm jacket _a gift from Iason_ and he put on his newly purchased boots on, and left the building. Tanagura's golden one had made sure that his lover will not be feeling the cold weather of winter. Riki was warm and secure, and more handsome than ever. All he needed to complete the stunning look was a black and silver hoverbike.

He thought about mentioning it to Iason every now and then, and if he was lucky enough, the Blondie would eventually soften enough to let him get the brand he had his eyes on. Maybe by the next summer he'd have it!

Riki started fantasizing about parading around the city with his sexy looking bike and strode down the street.

He was getting close to Cere district and the streets near there were quieter than other parts of the city. And since it was the early morning, there was barely anyone to be seen around there.