On this Christmas morning

Prompt: Jordan being sick on Christmas morning

***

Jordan's tall frame slide past his wife nearly sending her to the floor. He slammed the bathroom door in her face before she even had a chance to follow.  Simone was going to let it slide until she heard him gagging. She was all for privacy but her 6'2 husband turned into a child when he was sick. This wasn't her first rodeo so she cautiously opened the door seeing him hugging the toilet.

She knew it wasn't a hangover. The sounds just sounded like they hurt his throat because she felt like she had to rub her own hearing it. Simone kneeled beside him, rubbing his bare back. She stood up giving him space as he scooted from the bowl. Simone closed the lid, flushing it down before washing her hands. Sitting on the closed lid, she could tell he was miserable already without even saying a word.

Jordan wasn't seated far away but he felt like by the time he dropped his head in his wife's lap, he felt even worse. He felt like absolute shit. He groaned, feeling her hands down his back. He didn't feel like moving and sighed loudly when she did. He needed her comfort.

"I am just turning on the shower, relax."

"I don't feel gooddddd." He managed to push himself up to take her place on the tiolet nearly bumping his knee into it.

"I can see that, We'll get you a shower and go from there."

"Baby, my stomach hurts."

Simone ran her tongue across her teeth. She wasn't about to deal with this all damn day. It was Christmas and so far, it was looking beautiful outside and miserable inside. However, she knew Jordan would do the same for her so she couldn't be too mean. His complaining was just annoying no matter how adorable he looked. It got old very quickly.

"Is that all?" She checked the water temperature.

"My head is pounding." His hands wrapped around her seeing her examine him.

Simone grabbed the thermometer from the cabinet pressing it to his forehead. He definitely had a fever. It was going to be a long day. She ordered him to take a shower and took the dirty hamper downstairs to start a load. She found a few items that would help and returned seeing her husband in fetal position. She had to laugh.

"Babbbbe." He yelled.

"Why are you yelling Jordan Baker? I am right here."

"Oh." He peeked over his shoulder.

"I'm gonna get you for ruining my Christmas." Simone teased.

She  sat the ginger ale can and saltine crackers package on the night stand. Leave it to Jordan to do the exact opposite of what she suggested. He rested his head on her chest.

"I am sorry."

"It's fine. You just need to get better, are you going to eat the crackers?"

"I am not hungry."

"Boy, I am not about to do this with you all day. You got to eat something."  She massaged his scalp hearing him exhale.

"Do you want me to throw up? Do you like that I am in pain??" He mumbled.

"You are so damn dramatic. Your stomach is only gonna hurt worse if you lay here on an empty one. You should be pushing as much fluids as possible." She stressed.

"It's going to hurt regardless." Jordan sniped.

"Don't get no attitude with me because you're the one sick." She could give him the same energy.