Burnt Marshmallows

"Jared, this is your third time burning your marshmallow." Evan said as he got another from the on the table. Since it was the day before winter break, and there wasn't anything else to really do, the physics teacher had let everyone use the Bunsen burners to make s'mores (an activity that was meant only for her chemistry class, but hey, she said if her physics class brought supplies for their class period she would be fine with it).

"And it tastes even better the third time." Jared responded, already putting a fourth marshmallow on his stick. It would've been fine that Jared was burning all of his marshmallows... if it wasn't for the fact he was burning it to where it looked entirely black and then ate the charred part too. "Everyone likes burned marshmallows."

Evan just watched as Jared burnt the marshmallow once again, this time it shrunk a bit and looked far worse than the previous ones. "They like burnt marshmallows, not completely charred marshmallows. And even then they peel off the nasty parts before eating them!"

As Evan said this, Jared had already finished let the marshmallow cool off a bit and took it off of the stick. Instead of making another s'more to put it on, he just flat out ate it like that, burnt skin and all.

"You're a menace." Evan responded, but smiled a bit as he then toasted his marshmallow. There was a moment of calm, him being able to kind of here the other tables talking, until he saw Jared try and put a small piece of chocolate on his stick. "Jared, do not." Was all Evan could say as he frowned.

Jared rolled his eyes and just ate the chocolate by itself then, not burning it or even sticking it in the fire.