𝐱; 𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

✧⋆

✧⋆.•࿐࿔

The bell above the door to the Three Broomsticks rang, and in a flurry of snow came in Sirius and James.

Adela and Remus had been waiting for a bit, but were not at all bitter, thanks to the sweet Butterbeer that coated their tongues and the fireplace that warmed their backs. The Three Broomsticks was packed, because it was so close to Christmas. The pub was decorated with boughs of holly, and twinkling lights.

James and Sirius spotted them in a booth in the corner of the pub, and had to shove past several groups of people to reach them.

"It's bloomin' freezing out!" Sirius complained through chattering teeth.

"It's almost like it's winter, Padfoot." Remus deadpanned, sipping on his Butterbeer.

"Really? I thought the snow would be warm." Adela said, joining in on Remus' taunts.

Sirius rolled his eyes dramatically, and began shrugging off all his winter layers until he was left in a black jumper, and the back of his chair could not be seen from underneath his discarded clothes.

"Don't suppose you could've ordered us something to drink then, or just sit there and insult me?"

"I'll get you something, mate." James said, already starting to walk toward the counter.

"You two should take notes from Prongs." Sirius said, wagging his finger at Adela and Remus.

"Nah, I'm not really into redheads." Adela scrunched her nose, and cocked her head towards the other side of the pub.

There at the counter, James was talking animatedly with a goofy looking smile on his face, and Lily, who looked like she would rather be anywhere else.

"Oi, Prongs!" Sirius called. James turned his head, and upon seeing the three of them staring, his smile turned to a sheepish grin.

"Quit flirting!" Adela snickered. At that, Lily's red hair whipped around like a flame, and she looked absolutely mortified.

"Yeah, we've got important business to attend to!" Remus added on, giving Lily a short wave.

James looked as though the three of them had just kicked his puppy as he walked back to their table with two Butterbeers and his head hung low.

"Gits." James mumbled, sitting in his chair.

"Relax, you can chat up Evans later." Sirius rolled his eyes. Adela thought it was bloody hilarious, because Sirius was the coolest, most confident person she knew (other than herself, of course), but whenever Lily was present and James was acting like a lovesick fool, Sirius acted like a jealous girlfriend.

"Okay, so why am I here?" Adela asked, her soul filled with anticipation. At breakfast that morning, James and Sirius told her it was absolutely necessary that she came to the Three Broomsticks during their visit to Hogsmeade. Adela had planned on spending the day with Sophia, because she wanted to spend time with her before break. However, that all changed when Dirk Creswell asked Sophia on a date, and the two of them landed in Madam Puddifoot's flirting and having tea.