Four

...

The sky was, grey, rain droplets falling harshly onto the soft green floor of the Forrest.

"Where's the rest of him?" Sheriff Galpin questioned his co-worker, staring blankly at the bloodied backpack the once belonged to a hiker out in the woods. "Well, the torso and arm are over there..." the officer pointed to where the specific body parts lay in the moist grass. "...We found a leg by the lake, there's an arm up in that tree over there..." squinting her eye to get a better image of the arm high up stuck in the tree. "... and the rest of the parts are so far unaccounted for." She finished her little speech counting off all the body parts the police found scattered in the woods.

"It matches the profile of the other two attacks last week." She finished. "All right, issue a warning. Keep hikers out of the woods. Don't approve anymore campire permits for the foreseeable future." Was the list, sheriff Galpin told his detective. "What do you want me to tell the press?" she questioned him. "You know they're gonna be swarming like mosquitos in July." She really didn't think they public of Jericho would let this one go. "Tell the the bear is back." From the tone of voice you could tell he didn't have the energy to say a proper half hearted sentence to Jericho.

"You don't believe that sheriff?" The detective asked him, appalled he would even think that. "No, I don't. Whatever did this wasn't human. Look, I know these murders are connected to nevermore, I just can't prove it yet. So until I can...it's a goddamn bear.

It was dark, the rain had gone to sleep just like most of Jericho and nevermore, from a bright window you could see the silhouette of a girl dressed in all black taking down half of the coloured stripes that filled the circular window

The large creaky door opened, and a once happy enid entered the room with Val quick on her toes behind. "What the hell did you do to my room?" A now angry Enid stomped her way towards Wednesday who was taking down the colour from her side of the room. "Dividing our room equally." Wednesday got up from her position on the frowned and kicked the rainbow scraps of paper to Enid's side of the room.

"It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side." Was The only remark Wednesday said before walking on her side of the room towards her desk with her typewriter. "That wasn't very nice Wednesday, you could've asked her before just blindly taking her stuff down." Val explained her opinion so Wednesday could at least try to feel sorry for going behind Enid's back and tearing her stuff down.

"Silence would be appreciated, this is my writing time." Wednesday dismissed everything we just said. "Your writing time?" Both enid and Val questioned Wednesday. "Yes, I devote an hour a day to my novel, perhaps if you did the same your vlog might be coherent." As Wednesday said that the girls just stared at her wild expressions covered their faces.

"I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation." Wednesday was now getting on Enid's nerves. "I write in my own voice. It's my truth, it's what my followers love." You could tell enid believed strongly about her passion in her work. "Your followers are clearly imbeciles, they respond to your stories with insipid little pictures." Wednesday clearly had no social life, her not knowing that those little pictures were emojis. "Uh, you mean, emojis? It's how people express their feelings." Enid explained to Wednesday. "I realise that's a foreign concept to you." Wednesdays not the only one to have snarky remarks every few seconds.

"When I look at you both the following emojis come to mind...rope, shovel, hole." With that Wednesday turned around to continue her hour of writing. "By the way, there are two D's in Addams, if your going to gossip about me at least spell my name correctly." Then she really went back to try and write.

Enid wasn't giving up though. She went over to her music player and played one of her favourite pop songs.  "Turn that off." Wednesday had a stern look on her face, she was not having it. Val on the other hand was snickering loudly behind the, both. "This is your final warning." Wednesday was really not in the mood, she just wanted peace and quiet time to write.

Wednesday walked up to the happy werewolf. "RAWR! Don't mess with me, this kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them." Enid playfully brung her claws out with a stern look to match Wednesday's, to give off the impression she can be dangerous. "She's not lying, I've seen it before, not pretty." Was all Val could say.

Just then the door opened and a teacher walked through, getting mud everywhere from it dripping off her bright red gum boots. "Good evening, girls, sorry about the mud. I wanted to make sure that Wednesday was settling in." The kind teacher dusted off the mud on the wooden floors. "Is this a bad time? I'm miss Thornhill, your dorm mum. Apologies, I wasn't there to greet you two when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you an old nevermore welcome." Miss Thornhill introduced herself to the girls.

"She's been smothering us with hospitality. I personally hope to return the favour, in her sleep." That was certainly a very kind way to put things. "That's not how I would put it, but she's been extremely kind to make sure we had a lovely time settling in." Val spoke her opinion overlapping Wednesday's more dark thanks. "Well, here's my welcome gift from my conservatory, I try to match the right flower to each of my girls, Enid got a tulip. When I read your personal statements in your applications, I immediately thought of these ones." Miss Thornhill handed over the potted black flower to Wednesday, and a red rose to val.

"The black dahlia." Was all Wednesday could say, the name of the flower. "Oh you know it?" Miss Thornhill questioned Wednesday intrigued by her knowledge of the flower. "Of course. It's named after my favourite unsolved murder, thank you." That was probably the kindest thing Wednesday had said all evening.

"Thank you Miss Thornhill for the rose, it's my favourite." Valentina thanked her. "Your most welcome girls." was all she told them after them both seeing the flowers.

"Okey-dokey, before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at 10:00, no loud music, and no boys, ever." With the music rule wednesday side eyed Enid referring the the little incident just before miss Thornhill walked in. Miss Thornhill winking just to let us know that rule with her wasn't as strict.

"What's the story about going into the local town?" Wednesday asked curious to know if she could go there when she didn't have classes. "Passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right, it's a brisk 25-minute walk, or there's shuttled on the weekends. The locals are a tad bit wary about nevermore, so please don't go making any waves or perpetrating any outcast stereotypes. That does mean keep your claws to yourselves ladies and no smothering people in their sleep. Are we clear?" Miss Thornhill asked the girls just to make sure no kids were going to be injured on their first nights. "Great talk, see you girls in class." With that miss Thornhill walked out the room, the mud on her boots staying.

"She's so kind. And I loved the flower she got me. Did you guys know the rose symbolises romance, love, beauty and courage, I think that's why I love it so much, that and it's colour." Was all Val could tell the girls after miss Thornhill walked out. "Yeah she's one of the nicest teachers ever. Everyone really likes her, not her class but definitely her."

...

,,,,,,,,,,,,
Av

This took a really long time
Also because I kept getting
Distracted, but that's on me.
Hope you liked this chapter,
Pls comment and vote, as
Well a follow. 🫶✌️
*Not Edited*
,,,,,,,,,

...