Chapter Four

Kevin's P.O.V

I rolled my eyes at Dani's impersonation of me. "I do not talk like that."

"Yes, you do!" She said.

"Yeah, you do," LeBron and Kyrie agreed.

"Did I ask you guys?" I glared at them as Dani laughed.

"Awh, Kevin, don't be mad at me," I shook my head, plopping on the couch.

"He's such a baby," LeBron laughed.

"Kevin," Dani pouted, sitting next to me. I ignored her, staring at the wall. She groaned and grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry,"

"I'm not talking to you," I muttered to her. Over the past few weeks, Dani and I have gotten really close. No, we haven't kissed yet, I was waiting for her to make a move. We've been out a lot of times, to the point where I felt comfortable introducing her to my friends and they all seem to like her; especially LeBron and Kyrie. I'm not gonna lie, I don't like when it's those three together because they are always cracking jokes about me.

"Okay, I'm done making fun of you," She said giving me the puppy dog face. It took everything for me not to give in and kiss her right then and there but I didn't know if she wanted to kiss me and there were two pairs of eyes watching us.

"Kev, I'm sorry," She pleaded.

"I think I forgot my phone, come on Kyrie," LeBron said, pulling Kyrie out with him.

"Wait, why do I have to come with you?" Kyrie asked, following LeBron out the room. They closed the door behind them so it was just me and Dani.

"I'm really sorry," Dani said. I looked at her, studying her face. If I could, I would stare at her all day. She is beautiful beyond measure.

"Are you going to stop making fun of me?" I asked.

"Yes, I promise," She smiled.

"Okay, I forgive you," I said.

"Okay, Lovey," I rolled my eyes.

"That counts as making fun of me, Dani,"

"Why can't I call you Lovey?"

"Because I'm a man, and men don't get called 'Lovey'." I responded.

"My man would," It seemed that even her own words weren't thought over in her head. Her face became bright red before she looked away from me.

"So, I'm your man now?"

"I didn't, uh, I hate you," She mumbled, laughing at herself.

"You hate me? What did I do?" I laughed, turning my body to face her.

"You're just, I hate looking at you. You distract me and I can't think straight," She admitted.

"Oh, really?"

"This is not funny, Kevin Love." She said, shoving me lightly.

"Well, Danielle Scott, I think it's cute." I said. She looked up at me and the pink was still showing on her cheeks.

"Now, you're making fun of me,"

"I'm not," I said. I noticed her eyes flicker to my lips quickly then back up to my eyes. Yes, just go for it.

"Uhm," She mumbled, realizing that I had caught her.

"Go ahead, Dani," I said.

"Huh?"

"Kiss me," I mumbled. She turned red again before responding or trying to.

"I-I, uhm,"

"Do you want me to kiss you? 'Cause, I want to kiss you, badly," She nodded. I smiled and leaned over, slowly placing my lips on hers. She kissed back almost immediately, grabbing me by the collar of my shirt. The kiss was something special. Her lips were soft and wet against mine, turning me on even more. And her hands gripped me tightly, making me groan. I could feel her heartbeat as he chest was pressed against mine, but most of all, I could feel her.

"Kyrie, you owe me 50," A voice said, making Dani and I pull away after only a minute, maybe less, of kissing.

"Really, James?" I groaned.

"My fault, man, don't worry about me. Carry on with your lady," He said.

"You just killed everything," I said.

"She's not going anywhere," He laughed, searching through his bag which was on a table behind us. I watched as he pulled a paper out and turned to us.

"Use protection," He said, winking at me before walking out of the room.

"I'm sorry about that, they love to give me problems," I apologized to Dani.

"It's okay," She smiled sweetly. "Like he said, I'm not going anywhere,"

"Good," I smiled back. "I wouldn't want you to leave," I don't know what it was, but I just magically became a softie when it came to her. She made me remember what it was like to be in love and have someone to care about. Even though I haven't known her for a long time, I could tell that she was something special, whether it was with me or with someone else.

"You're pretty good with words," She said.

"Well, I'm pretty good with expressing myself. And, I really like you,"

"I like you, too,"