Chapter Three

Kevin's P.O.V.

"So, Kevin, you had a slow start the first half but you definitely cleaned up in the second. What changed?" The interviewer asked.

"Um, I think I just realized how important for the team I am. LeBron and coach really ate me up during halftime so I knew I needed to work harder." I asked, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"The Celtics are obviously a great team, but how would you assess their performance today?"

"Like you said, they're a great team. I would take nothing from them, even though we came out on top today." I said.

"Alright, thanks Kevin."

"Have a good night," I smiled politely before following security to the locker room. When I got there, Coach was talking.

"Guys, I have to head home to attend to a emergency but be here tomorrow, 9 A.M. sharp. I mean it," He said before walking out. I grabbed my towel and headed to the showers. I invited Danielle to the game today but I have no idea if she actually came. I didn't see her in the stands, but then again, I was focused on the game. I wouldn't be mad if she didn't show up, but I actually wanted to see her and talk to her without a camera and a script. I wanted to know what she was like, off-camera.

I finished my shower and changed. "Hey, Kev, you wanna head to the club tonight?" J.R. asked me.

"Nah, man, I think I'm just gonna head home." I shook my head.

"Boring," He mumbled. I shrugged, grabbing my bag from my locker. I said bye to players who cared before walking out of the locker room.

"Hey, superstar," A voice said.

I turned to the voice. "Oh, you came,"

"Of course I did. I wouldn't turn down such a fun time," Danielle smiled.

"Where did you sit?" I asked.

"Somewhere special,"

"Out of my sight so I couldn't see you? That sucks," I said.

"Well, you won, so it doesn't matter." She shrugged, innocently.

"Did you enjoy the game?"

"I did, actually. You're a better player than I thought."

"You thought I was a bad player? So, why did you have me on your show?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well, the show is based in Cleveland. And, I didn't pick you, that was Mr. Silver." She responded.

"Well, I'm definitely happy he did." I smiled.

"And, why is that?"

"Because I got to meet this beautiful girl,"

"Oh, really, what's she like?" She asked.

"Um, I'm actually not sure. I'm still trying to figure her out,"

"Sounds like fun,"

"You know what sounds even better?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "You letting me take you out for something to eat,"

"Now?"

"Yeah, unless you have plans?" I said, hoping she didn't.

"I don't, actually."

I smiled. "So, that's a yes?"