chapter 1

This book contains grooming, torture, sexual assault, depression, self harm, and just general gore. If i missed anything, let me know.
————————————————————
The steady sound a typewriter could be heard throughout the home of the Addams Family.

Crumbled balls of paper covered the floor of Wednesday's room. She had been trying to write the ending of her story, but she just couldn't get it right.

She was distracted.

Never had she been distracted by something as trivial as emotions, especially the ones she was currently feeling.

She missed the thrill she experienced while on her short stay at Nevermore. Wednesday couldn't explain the feeling she felt. It was like there was an empty place inside her, one that was seeking the companionship she had experienced at Nevermore.

She had always hated relying on others, and that made these feelings particularly sour.

And then there was the thing that had been tugging at her focus, trying to rip it from daily tasks.

Tyler Galpin.

She despised the power he had over her was he wasn't even present.

The way she felt with Tyler was odd, but not the king Wednesday usually enjoyed. She hated the way her heart raced when she thought of him, or the way she longed to see him again.

It was revolting.

Boys had always been such a useless distraction, yet some boy with a shy smile working at a pathetic minimum wage job in a tiny town somehow caught her attention.

This was the first time Wednesday had been afraid of something. The worst part was she wasn't afraid in the exhilarating, hair raising, spine chilling way, but in the sickening, palm sweating, anxiety inducing way.

Being around Tyler was intoxicating. She wanted to be with him all the time, know every detail about him, make him happy. She hated that she felt that way.

She hated that she felt that way even after all he had done. He had betrayed her trust, trust that she did not easily give out. He murdered people, and though she was always up for that, he had gone too far. He had been accomplices with the person who had tried to kill Thing and had been the one to almost kill Eugene.

Yet she couldn't help but wonder if the Tyler she had known and grown to like, the boy from the coffee shop, was still there somewhere. Somewhere deep in the mind of the boy who had been twisted by the lies and manipulative hand of Laurel Gates.

Wednesday stopped her typing and stood from her desk, ignoring the paper that littered the floor, the stark white sheets looking strange in the all black room.

She walked silently to the window in her room. Thunder boomed mercilessly outside followed by the harsh patter of rain. The corners of Wednesdays mouth quirked up slightly, her mood lifting at the horrendous weather. It was perfect.

Wednesday walked away from the window and towards her dresser, reaching to open a drawer.

thunk.

Wednesday pivoted swiftly on her foot, turning towards the origin of the sound. It had come from outside her window.

She waited, staring at the glass.

Nothing happened.

She turned back to her drawer, deciding the sound came from debris from the storm or an animal fighting the extreme weather.

As she was pulling out her nightgown, there was another thud. Then another.

Wednesday was becoming slightly annoyed. She turned around again, freezing when she saw a hand slight down the window pain, leaving a streak of red in its wake.