CHAPTER 2

Aaliyah POV

I sighed with relief as I watched him run towards his house. “Was this an obsession?” I thought.  My neighbor’s son is nothing but delusional. I decided to give my mom a call but I was really scared. His words were etched into my brain and it was starting to haunt me.

“ Aaliyah, are you okay? You called but you never said a word,” My mom said with a hint of worry in her voice.

“ Mom, please come home now. I’m scared,” I said as I burst  into tears.

“ Oh, my god! Aaliyah , where are you now?” My mom said.

“ I’m outside but I’m home. Please just get here fast and call the police,” I told her as I kept glancing at Nathaniel’s house.

“ What the heck Aaliyah? Did we get robbed?” Mom asked me.

“ No Mom. It’s Nathaniel. He’s freaking me out and I’m really scared,” I told her.

“ Priscilla’s son? Aaliyah, we already talked about this. Nathaniel just wants to be your friend. I’m at work now. We will talk about this when I get home and don’t go anywhere,” Mom said.

“ Mom, no! The guy is a creep. He’s obsessed with me. Nathaniel has been staring at me every time through his window for three years now. Isn’t that crazy? He’s not going to stop,” I said as I walked to the house.

“ Stay in your room Aaliyah. I will speak with you when I get home soon,” She said and hang up the call.

I locked the doors and rushed into my room not forgetting to do same. A door slam shut causing me to hurriedly moved towards the window to see what it was. I slightly opened the blinds and saw him. “Where was he going to ?” I thought. Nathaniel had a duffle bag in his hands but he sharply turned and looked at me with a smirk. What the fuck? How did he know I was staring at him? It seems the tables have turned now. That was awkward.

“ Don’t forget what I said Aaliyah. I will be back for you,” Nathaniel said.

A slight shiver went down my spine. He walked down the road until I didn’t see him again.

Priscilla’s POV

“ Nathaniel, I’m sorry I came home late, but I brought some Chinese,” I placed the food on the table and walked towards his room.  “Nate, are you there?” I turned on the lights and called out to him again, but he didn’t respond.
I swiveled to walk to the washroom but I stopped in my tracks as the doorbell rang.
“ Who could that be?” I murmured as I descended the stairs. I opened the door and saw Alisa, and beside her was Aaliyah.
“ Hey Alisa. Please come in,” I said .

“ I’m really sorry for coming here this late, but I need to speak with you about your son,” Alisa stated.

“ Have a seat. Can I get you anything?” I asked.

“ It’s alright. Thank you,” Alisa  replied with a small smile.

“ You wanted to speak with me about my son. Hope everything is, okay?” I questioned.

“ I wish I could say the same Priscilla, but  your son went out of bounds this time around. Is he here?” Alisa asked.

“ No, he isn’t. I'm sure he will be here very soon. You were saying something about my son, right?” I said.

“ I’m sorry, Priscilla but I think something is wrong with Nathaniel. I didn’t want to believe what my daughter told me on the phone. I thought she was making things up until I sat her down and spoke to her. I have never seen my daughter this terrified before, and it’s all because of your son.
For three years now, he’s been constantly watching Aaliyah through his window and that isn’t normal. Your son is obsessed with my daughter, Priscilla,” Alisa stated.

“ Aaliyah , can you tell me what happened?” I asked her.

“ Priscilla, I already told you what...” Alisa tried to say.

“ Alisa, can you let me talk to your daughter?” I told her. I was very troubled at her words. A part of me wanted this to a dream or a fabricated story.

“ Aaliyah, what did Nathaniel do or say to you?” I asked her.

She hesitates. “ I left the house to go to the park this morning, but Nathaniel called out to me. He wanted us to be friends but I turned down his offer. Ever since I saw him staring at me through his window, it freaked me out. I did everything I could to stay away from him until my mom invited you two over for dinner yesterday. I didn’t want to be alone with him either. Nathaniel made it known to me why he acted that way. Your son is in love with me, and I think over the years it has turned into an obsession. He forcefully kissed me, Miss Taylor. I was aggravated. But what really scared me mostly was that, he’s going to claim me as his. He said, “ No matter where I will be, I will come for you and that's my promise to you.” These were his exact words Miss Taylor,” Aaliyah replied.

I couldn’t explain how I felt in that moment because I knew my son whom I nurtured all these years wouldn’t do this.

“ Priscilla, you need to find your son before he hurts anyone especially my daughter. If not, the next time I see him around her, I wouldn’t hesitate to get him arrested even though we are friends,” Alisa strongly stated.

“ I don’t believe this Alisa. My son will never do that to your daughter. I think Aaliyah is making everything up because she hates my son. I have seen how you look at him and it’s quite unpleasant. We have been good friends Alisa, and I wouldn’t want this to come in between that. Just talk to your daughter because...” I said.

“ This is something serious, Priscilla. Aaliyah would never lie to me. I knew you wouldn't believe us. Surprisingly, your dear son has already left this place. Aaliyah saw him leaving with a bag which I presume contained his stuff. I’m not here to fabricate stories about Nathaniel. We have lived in harmony for three years and I wouldn’t want this situation to jeopardize our friendship. Find him before it’s too late Priscilla. Let’s go Aaliyah,” Alisa said.

" I'm sorry Miss Taylor," Aaliyah said.

" Aaliyah! " Alisa called out to her.

" I'm coming! " Aaliyah  quickly run out of the door.

“ Where the hell are you, Nathaniel?” I mumbled as I picked my phone and called him. His line never went through after so many tries. What was I going to do now?  Nathaniel is gone. I couldn’t think straight anymore. My son was going to come back and I knew it.
The next morning, I decided to check his room if he ever came back but he didn’t. I was starting to think the Jones were right all along. I opened his closet and realized most of his clothes were gone as well. I gasped in shock. What I feared most was really happening. I called him again but he still didn’t answer. I needed to find him before anyone else does.

Another chapter guys.
If you enjoyed this story just Vote, Comment and Share 💯