CHAPTER 10

AT THE HOSPITAL

Jeremy’s POV

“ Priscilla, I’m so sorry. I should have trusted you but Alisa...” I said as I rushed to her side.

“ It’s okay, Jeremy. Where is Alisa? She has our son,” Priscilla replied.

“ I know. Alisa is in prison. There’s no need to be worried about her. She is not going to hurt anyone again,” I told her.

“ How did that happen? Where is Nathaniel, Jeremy?” Priscilla asked.

“ One at a time, Priscilla,” I chuckled.

“ I can’t help it,” She answered as a small smile played at the corners of her mouth.

“ Before I respond to your questions, did Alisa tell you something I need to know about?” I asked.

“ No, she didn’t. What’s going on?” Priscilla said.

“ Okay. Please don’t get upset because it was a mistake,” I told her.

“ Jeremy, what is it?” Priscilla questioned.

“ Alisa and I... you know... um, it kind of happened. I don’t remember much from that night. I think it was the wine. I’m sorry,” I told her.

“ I know,” She replied.

“ You know?” I said.

“ Actually, Alisa told me herself. She had taken pictures of you that night. I knew she had something for you, so I wasn’t surprised she would do that. Let’s not talk about that,” She replied.

“ Thank you, Priscilla,” I said.

“ For what? Not taking her side but yours. I told you Jeremy. You trusted her so blindly. You always took her side. I don’t care about what you did with her. We are not together anyway,” She said.

“ I’m sorry. I didn’t know that’s how she was until now. Keep acting Priscilla because I know you want me as much as I do. Everything is going to change soon. I promise you,” I told her as I held her hand in mine.

“ This is really ticking me off, Jeremy. What happened between the two of you is none of my business. I only want to see my son. If you want to continue talking about Alisa then I will leave you to do that because I have to find someone who needs me the most,” Priscilla said as she took the IV from her wrist.

“Priscilla, what are you doing?” I said to her.

“ Let go of me, Jeremy. I need to find my son,” Priscilla said.

“ He’s also my son. You need to rest,” I told her.

“ I’m tired of you telling me to relax, okay. I’m perfectly fine so don’t stop me,” She said.

“ He’s right, Mom. You must take some rest,” Nathaniel said.

“ Nathaniel?” Priscilla said.

“ I’m here,” Nathaniel replied and walked closer to Priscilla.

She quickly stood up and embrace him.“ Oh my god! You are okay. I thought she was going to take you away from me,” Priscilla said as unshed tears prickled her eyes.

“ Yes, Mom. We wouldn’t have made it out alive if the police hadn’t come at the right time. There was a bomb in that building,” Nathaniel said.

“ What?! How could Alisa do this? I hope she rots in that prison. She doesn’t even deserve to live,” Priscilla said.

“ It doesn’t matter anymore because I’m here with you now. I missed you so much,” Nathaniel said to her.

“ I missed you too. Nathaniel, I'm sorry. This is Jeremy...” Priscilla said.