CHAPTER 5

Alisa’s POV

“ So Nathaniel is Jeremy’s son. That’s quite interesting. Jeremy is a good-looking man and I’m wondering where he’s been all this while. Keep messing up Priscilla because very soon your loss will be my gain. I will do anything to make Jeremy mine. My daughter’s situation can change so much in my life," I walked closer and whispered into her ear. This felt like a déjà vu.

“ I have your son, Priscilla and I’m going to kill him,” I heard her gasp. I smirked.

“ You made my work very easy Priscilla. No matter what you tell Jeremy, he’s never going to believe you. I got to know what happened to your son when you moved to this small town. Your story caught my interest. A single mother, an obsessive son who is also mentally unstable. So, touching. I can’t tell you everything now, but just know that your little baby is right in the palm of my hands. The moment you decide to play this game wrongly he’s going to be eliminated and you will be responsible for that Priscilla. Let this be a secret between us because you are no longer in control and never try to underestimate me,” I stepped away from her and stared into her malevolent eyes.

“ Where the fuck is my son, Alisa?!” Priscilla roared.

I laughed at her outburst.“ Don’t you dare raise your voice at me, Priscilla. I don’t know where your son is,” I chuckled.

“ I will kill you , Alisa!” She picked the lamp on the table causing my eyes to widen in shock.

“ What is going on here, Priscilla ?!” Jeremy shouted as he looked at what she had in her hands.

“ Jeremy, I don’t know what is happening to Priscilla.  When you stepped out of the room, she slapped me but I didn’t want to retaliate. She said I wanted to take you away from her. How could I do that to you , Priscilla? You have a son together, and I have a daughter to find before I lose my  mind. You need to keep her away from me Jeremy. Do you see what she has in her hands? She was going to kill me, Jeremy. Priscilla is not a murderer, right?” I had a strong grip on his arm as my eyes welled up with tears. Her jaw dropped as she took in the scene which unfolded before her eyes.

“ I can’t believe this Priscilla. Drop that lamp now!” Jeremy exclaimed.

“ Jeremy, you can’t possibly believe what she’s saying. I never touched her. Alisa is lying to you!” Priscilla shouted.

“ Not another word from you Priscilla and I mean it. I need you to stay away from Alisa. I suggest you don’t come with us since I don’t want this to happen again,” Jeremy told her.

“ You can’t stop me from finding my son, Jeremy!” Priscilla exclaimed.

“ He’s also my son, Priscilla. This situation is having a toll on you. You need to stay home and relax,” Jeremy said to her.

“ He’s right Priscilla. You need to rest. The absence of your son is such a strong blow for you. I’m also frightened that something terrible might be happening to my daughter and I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it,” I told her. I was such a splendid actress.

“ Who are you, Alisa? You are not leaving this place until you tell me where my son is?” Priscilla said as she took few steps towards me.

“ Stay away from me, Priscilla! What are you even talking about? Your son has my only daughter and you think I have abducted him. What is wrong with you? I won’t tolerate this anymore Priscilla. I assume you are mentally deranged like your son because I don’t know why you would say such ridiculous accusationq. I have been nothing but nice to you, and is this how you are going to repay me? If something ever happens to my daughter ...” Alisa warned.