tres

"ugh, stop it. it's too early for this," i furrowed my eyebrows, eyes still shut. i could see the rays of sunshine beaming through my window.

"come on, wake up." i heard a familiar voice but i wasn't bothered enough to open my eyes. and for a split second, i almost fell back asleep.

suddenly, i felt my blanket being pulled away, resulting in a grunt of annoyance from myself.

i open my eyes, turned my head slightly, and to my surprise (not really) there he was, standing. and may i add, there was an annoying smile on his face.

"diego, get out. it's so early, there's no reason for you to be here right now." i reached for an unoccupied pillow and threw it at him as an attempt to get him to leave.

"idiot.. do you have any idea what time it is right now?" diego pulled his phone out and shoved it in my face.

"so what? it's only like 9 in the morn..— oh no. it's already 12..?" my eyes widened quickly after realizing.

"pues a que hora te dormiste?" diego let out an annoyed huff, finally exiting my room.

i rolled my eyes as he left, finally gathering some strength to get myself out of bed.

i brushed my teeth, put my hair up and held it with a clip, then got dressed.

i didn't put much thought into what i was going to wear, it was simple shorts with a shirt that have been in my drawer for God knows how long.

when i was downstairs, i caught a glimpse of my mom and diego having a conversation while drinking coffee on the dinner table.

"he is definitely the favorite.." i whispered under my breath, only loud enough for me to be able to hear.

"you look a mess," diego mentioned, taking another sip from his coffee.

"cállate wey, you're the one that woke me up."

my mom quickly glanced over me and gave me a look that basically told me to watch what i was saying.

she could honestly have conversations with just her eyes, that woman was scary and not one to be messed with...

i looked through the fridge, relieved when i found the last gansito still in the place that i had left it in previously.

i honestly thought it would be long gone by now since diego was in the house. we almost had the exact same taste in snacks so fighting over the last of something was quite common for us.

"diego, let's leave now." i finished the remaining piece of my gansito and threw the packaging away.

we said goodbye to my mom and made our way out the door.

i was shocked seeing the type of car that diego drove, it was a porsche 718 cayman. it was a nice car definitely. i had another realization that he had actually made it in life.

it was even humorous. little dieguito that used to always walk with me to and from school now drove an $100,000 dollar car.

"we can walk, it's not that far from here." diego suggested, shoving his car keys into his pocket.

i followed besides him as we walked on the sidewalk, waving to a few neighbors here and there. it took us a while to get there... diego was often recognized by people that were casually outside gardening or mowing their lawn. usually fútbol loving dads.