cuatro

it had been three days since i last saw diego and honestly, i didn't really mind. id definitely gone longer without seeing him before. plus... he was a professional football player, obviously his schedule was packed.

it was now nine in the morning on a saturday, i was surprised that i had managed to even get up early in the first place, let alone on a weekend.

i planned to meet up with a friend at noon and i didn't want to be late like last time... god forbid she would decide to show up to my house just to wake me up too.

the sun was shining, there was a light breeze, and the birds were chirping. it was a beautiful day in villahermosa, especially after all the rain we had been receiving the last few days.

i quickly got dressed and even decided to put makeup on today. i wanted to look decent today, not that this usually happened.

i went downstairs to have a quick breakfast with my mom, i devoured that concha in under five minutes.
i mean, could you blame me? i would live and breathe concha if given the option to.

the bus stop was five minutes from my house. yeah, 21 and no license.. embarrassing. i made my way over, admiring all the christmas decorations that my neighbors had put up recently.

this was my favorite time of the year. not to mention that it had the best food too...

i sat down on the bench, waiting for the bus to arrive. sometimes it could take up to a whole hour, depending on how the driver was feeling. i hoped today wasn't one of those days.

and luckily, it wasn't. it only took a mere twenty minutes to my surprise. now i had to hope some creepy fifty year old man didn't decide to sit next to me. you would be surprised by the amount of times it would happen.

i put in my headphones, songs by café tacvba immediately began to play. today was off to a good start.

when i arrived, i made my way inside the mall. i quickly took out my phone and texted my friend, elena, where she was or if she was even at the mall yet.

before i even threw my phone back into my purse, i spotted her inside a cafe right in front of me.

i entered the cafe and took a seat in front of her.

"hola amiga, no pensé que ibas a llegar tan temprano. como as estado? ya hace mucho tiempo que no te a visto." she was beaming brightly, her usual smile.

she was always someone i loved to be around, one of the brightest people i knew.

"ya se.." i gave her a sympathetic look. "pero no vas a creer qué pasó esta semana."

immediately drawn in by the chisme, she placed her full attention on me. typical elena.

"you know that friend ive talked to you a few times before?" i adjusted the bracelet tied around my wrist, a nervous habit that i tend to do.

"yeah of course, what happened?" immediately, her facial expression changed into something duller. she probably expected me to give her bad news.

"well i never exactly told you his name, did i? that friend is diego lainez."

at once, her jaw dropped. "no way y/n... why didn't you tell me you were friends with diego lainez?" she exclaimed. she lowered her voice once she saw the people around her were jolting their head towards us.

"i didn't think it was important at the time but now it is... after years of not seeing him, he literally showed up at my door yesterday." i murmured that last part, knowing that the name diego lainez itself caught people's attention.