CHAPTER TWO

The night is so warm she has her window open; the net curtain lifts lazily in the bare breath of late-summer heat. There's a light on inside the flat, but only in the bedroom.  There's music playing, too. Not loud, she lies down on her bed thinking about what a first day she has at the office.  Thinking about how arrogant her boss is, his nerves for give her a positive she didn't even apply for but their is nothing she could do since she really needs the money and the job to start her life over and try to forget about her horrible past.
She stands up  from her bed and wishing she didn't have an empty apartment all to herself. She misses Erin and  her mum and she imagines them lying on a beach in Barbados sipping a cool cocktail not even knowing what's happening to her or what she went through in the past one year. She's always  thought of contacting them but she's afraid of putting them in danger so she closed the thought of that from her mind.
Leila goes down stairs in her one bedroomed apartment and turn on the flat screen television so that she can be distracted by her thoughts, but she doesn't listen or watch. She sits and stares blankly at the brick wall. She is numb.she feels nothing but the pain in her heart. How long must she endure this?.
The door buzzer startles her from her anguish, and her heart skips a beat. Who could that be? She thinks. She press the intercom.
"Hey it's me Caroline ” and Leila immediately recognizes the voice and opens the door. "Hey” Leila says trying to contain the fact that she is surprised that Caroline is here. "Hey Leila,  and yes I know  you are shocked that iam here but the thing is that Mr. Blake sent me here to give you this files considering that you are now his PA and not his secretary. "Wow I honestly can't believe that man” Leila speaks with a bit of frustration in her tone."Sebastián can be  an asshole most of the time but he is an easy guy to work with’.
An asshole most of the time, I think she means all the time Leila thinks.