SLOPPY

[ TRIED IT ALL, PLAYED MY ROLE
DID EVERYTHING I WAS TOLD
BUT THE UNIVERSE STILL
HAS ME IN A CHOKE HOLD  ]

     IF EVERYTHING in life was meant to have been predestined by the Fates and the gods and the stars, then Valeria Prince would sincerely appreciate a sit down with at least one of the aforementioned groups so she could find out what the fuck it ...

IF EVERYTHING in life was meant to have been predestined by the Fates and the gods and the stars, then Valeria Prince would sincerely appreciate a sit down with at least one of the aforementioned groups so she could find out what the fuck it was that she had done in order to warrant being consistently fucked over just as hard as she was.

If being born was the issue here, absolutely nothing regarding that scenario was her fault. In fact, that would be accredited to the Fates... or her parents (woo, sex ed!).

And maybe Valeria wasn't that bitter, for she had been doing okay for herself. But it was always with those ups, with every time she was doing good, that the world seemed to bite her in the ass.

Passed Lupa's training? Welcome to Camp Jupiter! Unfortunately your references aren't quite good enough, so you'll be placed in the Third Cohort!

Chosen for a real quest? Congrats, you slew the Trojan Sea Monster! Unfortunately you now have a debilitating fear of the ocean!

Have a major crush on your best friend? That's super cute! Unfortunately he has a total crush on your half-sister!

Just trying to be a normal teenager? Hey, you survived fifteen years and are doing pretty well for yourself! Unfortunately you're going to have to fight in this war to save your friends and the gods!

You won the war? Perfect, look at you go!

Unfortunately, you will need to do it again.

She was just being dramatic, she usually was. Reyna always said that Val had the tendency to do so, to overemphasize the little things, make them seem worse than they were. They were lucky to be at Camp Jupiter. They should feel honored to fight for the Gods. It was an honor.

Valeria knew her duty. She played her role, she did every little thing she was told as best she possibly could. She just figured she deserved a little recognition, a little leeway, maybe even a little break.