Rose suchak ladder

I wake up from a short rest to Charlie violently shaking me. Opening my eyes, I growl and roll back over, hoping to go back to sleep.

"(Y/n)! Someone's on the roof!"

"What the fuck are you on about?" I prop myself up on my elbows.

Footsteps resonate from on top of our house. "See!" He cries.

"Go get dad up. I'll check it out!" I say jumping out of bed.

Slipping on my slippers, I make my way down the stairs with dad and Charlie in pursuit. Dad rushes out the door and I pull Charlie back inside.

"You're not going anywhere without your coat, mister." I say, handing him his jacket.

We make our way outside to see dad hovering over a man in a Santa suit. This is gonna be good.

"You got him!" Charlie runs over to dad.

"Great job dad. You killed a guy on Christmas. There should be a song about it." I stroll over.

"It is Santa! You killed him!" Charlie cries.

"Did not. And he's not Santa!" Dad argues.

"Ok, we'll whoever it is is gone now." I say pointing to a now pile of clothes.

"He's naked somewhere!" Dad exclaims.

"In this weather? He must be crazy!" I kick at the coat.

Dad bends down to the pile. "Must be some id in here." He says pulling out what looks like a business card.

"'lf something should happen to me, put on my suit. The reindeer will know what to do.'" He reads off.

"Gonna put on the coat?" I ask dad.

"No-" dad starts but is cut of by Charlie.

"Look! The rose suchak ladder! Like in the poem, (Y/n)!" Charlie calls to me climbing up it.

"Wait up!" I call after him.

Climbing onto the roof with dad behind me, I see what looks like a sleigh and eight reindeer.

"This can't be real." I mutter approaching a reindeer and gently petting its muzzle.

"Oh it's real!" I swear I hear it say.

"Did you just talk?" I whisper to it.

"Of course I can talk!" It nods its head.

"Dad, (Y/n)! You just gotta see this sleigh!" Charlie beckons us both.

Carefully we both make our way onto the sleigh.

"Dad! Check out Santa's sleigh!" Charlie exclaims.

"There's no such thing as Santa's sleigh." Dad shakes his head.

"Sure there is. You said you believed in Santa, right?" Charlie looks at him expecting an answer.

"I do!" Dad covers his ass.

"Well, whatever it is, we gotta go-" I get cut off by the sleigh taking off and flying dad into the back.

"Ah! Fuck!" I cry grabbing the reigns.

The reindeer slowly descend onto a nearby roof. Comet turns to me and turns his ears.

"Put on the hat." He tells me.

"What hat?" I ask him and he nods next to me.

"What are you doing?" Charlie asks me.

"Nothing." I rush out, grabbing the hat next to me.