flower power

info: you're helping miss thornhill by watering her plants until...something weird happens. request by halolover69

fluff - tw/cw - swearing, crying, pain!! :))

italics(𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸) are your thoughts!

the bell rang loudly throughout the school building. on command, all the students in my class got up and left before the teacher even had chance to wish them a nice night. i also did this, stuffing my paper work in my backpack and throwing it on my shoulder. i rushed out the door, wishing my teacher a good day, but was already half way down the hallway when i heard her say "you too, (y/n)." i smirked as i turned the corner and thought about where i was going. for a little while now, i had been going to miss thornhill's class to water her plants while she was in staff meetings. and before you get the wrong idea, this was not her request. i practically pleaded her until she caved and let me do this small favour for her. my pacing stopped when i was standing outside the door to the conservatory.

i turned the handle, which let out a sharp creek from years of neglect. the huge conservatory sat in front of me, it's green wildlife almost more lively than my presence. i stepped into the room cautiously and my footsteps began to echo on the cold, concrete floor when i crossed the doorframe. the room was quite big in width, and a lot bigger in height. the ceilings looked distorted from how far away they are. the plants were littered all around her classroom. on bookshelves and sets of draws, there was bound to be some variation of plant sitting comfortably on top. without wasting a second more, i walked up to the sink at the back of the room and took the little, sage watering can. as i was filling it up, my eyes shot to the side because something caught my attention.

my heart seemed to jump in my chest as i stared at the mug i had got her for her birthday. it was a small cup with some purple flowers on it, and in the centre it read 'greatest teacher in the world'. 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘨𝘰. 𝘪 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘱𝘶𝘯 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 "𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶!" 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯. my eyes shot back to my hands and my smiled dropped as the can overflowed, my hands getting soaked in ice, cold water. "oh, god." i used some of the blue roll next to the sink to clean up my hands and the sides of the watering can. then i walked over to the first plant and gently tipped the can, watching the water shower on the soft soil and hydrate the little white flower.

after watering many different types of plants and flowers, i got to the last one. 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘴, i thought to myself to test my knowledge of plants. i would do this everyday when i watered marilyn's garden. as i poured the water on the plant, i could swear i saw it begin to move, like the water had disturbed it. my eyebrows fell into confusion, and almost fear, as i peaked my head around the plant to inspect it further. before i could even think, the little green stalk sprayed it's yellow pollen out of it's opening and right into my face. i took several rushed steps backwards as my hands shot to my eyes, and i dropped the watering can with a clatter, i gripped my face as to shield me from the damage that was already done. "oh, fuck! oww!" i stood still as i rubbed my eyes aggressively in some desperate attempt to help my injured corneas. then i remembered something.

i removed my hands from my tightly-closed eyelids and used them to feel my way around the room, towards marilyn's desk. once i found it, i opened the draw and felt around, hoping she still had what i was looking for. i picked what i thought it was and shifted my hand around the object. and i could confirm, it was what i was looking for. it was a little hand mirror that i knew she kept in this draw. 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘹𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳. i opened my eyes and pulled my face close to it's reflective face. i pulled the parts of the area around my eyes and inspected all the redness and itching that has accumulated. "oh god, what do i do?" i whispered to myself in worry. my facial expression then stood still as i froze, pulling the mirror away from my face so i could see more.

i looked intently in the mirror. and, of course, my reflection stared back. however, now i seemed to have...whiskers? they were moving. growing, out of my cheeks quite quickly. then i began to feel something else and adjusted the mirror to above my head, where my (y/h/c) locks sat. two small bumps started appearing on the top of my head. my hand landed on one of them and allowed me to feel the soft fur that layered them. my mouth slowly opened in disbelief and my hand moved from the ear to cover my mouth. 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘴. 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘺𝘫𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴. 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘱𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰...𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘵. i dropped the mirror and heard it shatter on the floor. then i ran. i sprinted out the door and towards my dorm.

i entered and closed the door behind me, double locking it. then i ran over to my roommates vanity mirror. the ears had fully sprouted from my head. but now, my eyes had turned yellow and the pupils seemed to change shape, to that of a cat's eyes. suddenly. i felt a sharp stabbing pain in my lower back. i groaned in pain and turned so my lower body was facing the mirror. there was something growing on my back, but still concealed by my pants. i carefully put my hand in the back and i gripped the long, fluffy tail that was growing out of my tailbone area. i now had tears falling from my eyes and i ran to my bed, burying myself under the sheets from shame. i stayed there for hours, not even hearing the knocks at my door.

i continued to quietly whimper under my sheets, not hearing the knocks. out of nowhere, the bed sheets were lifted up and i felt exposed under someone's stare. i hid my face in my hands but knew, whoever the person was, they could see the fury ears and the long tail that moved slowly and curled. then, her soft voice rang out into my lonely dorm as she cupped my face. "oh, my poor baby. what happened?" i slowly removed my hands and looked up into her hazel eyes, embarrassment laced in my yellow eyes. she let out a laugh of pity and leaned down, kissing my forehead. "oh my god, i should have warned out about the knotgrass. i didn't think it was out of hibernation. i'm sorry, darling." she peppered my t-zone with small kisses before taking my hands and standing me up. "c'mon, i'm going to make a potion and fix it. you don't need to worry." she smiled at me reassuringly while squeezing our conjoined hands.

a/n - ok hi so i know this is kind of far-fetched and trust me, it was hard to write but i managed lols. anyways, i hoped you all enjoyed! have a great day/night, i love you all <33