Chapter 2

Enid's POV:

The way Ezra's whole body tensed up as soon as she saw me made me feel uneasy. I didn't know how to feel. Her aura is so intimidating, and I hate that I can't seem to put a smile on her face. She looks like she would have a pretty smile anyway.

"Enid Sinclair will be your roommate, Miss Marshall." Miss Weems stated with a broad grin. Ezra closed her eyes and reopened them. I just noticed how dark they were, kind of like the darkest shade of green possible, almost emerald.

"Fucking hell..." I heard her whisper before standing up. "Well!" She said out loud "Thank you for your warm welcomes. Miss Sinclair, please do lead the way to our room."

The formality caught me off guard and I felt even more uncomfortable. Our eyes met and that's when I was able to see that the reason why they seemed ten shades darker, is because of the dark bags under her eyes. She looked so tired and exhausted to the bone. I bet the ghosts don't give her a break and she sometimes stays up all night.

"Why are you looking at me?" She deadpanned while passing by me. I blushed. "I said lead the way, I'm tired of carrying this luggage around." I took a deep breath and turned around with a smile.

"Let's go!" I chirped. She rolled her eyes.

"Miss Marshall!" Miss Weems called. Ezra turned around with a poker face. "Don't forget to pick up your uniform, all sizes are available!"

Ezra just nodded her head and opened the door to leave. I quickly followed her as she was walking quickly. Damn... I'm not that short but why does she have to have such long legs?

"Ezra!"

She sighed in exasperation, stopped but didn't bother to look back.

"For hell's sake, what do you want from me?"

I gulped and walked over to her to face her.

"You really have no idea where you're going. So, I suggest for once that you ACTUALLY listen to what I'm saying and follow me, alright? Let's go."

This time, I was the one to turn around and not look back despite feeling my heart between my feet. Why does she make me so nervous?

"Feisty... You sounded like an upset puppy." She teased but not in a cute or funny way. There was a mean undertone. I grinded my teeth and kept walking, completely ignoring her.

"Now I'm assuming that you wouldn't want to wear a skirt. Simply because you don't look like the type to wear one." I said without even bothering to look at her. I heard her laugh. It was throaty and full.

"Funny how you assumed I wouldn't wear one. What if I do? What if you could find dresses of all colors in that luggage of mine?" She said while tapping her luggage. I crossed my arms and looked at her dead in the eyes with a raised eyebrow.

"Are there any?" I asked challengingly. Her smirk into a charming smile and I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. What is happening to me?

"Well... No."

It was my turn to smirk.

"I've made my point. Let's see if they'll allow you take pants instead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra got so happy they let her wear pants instead of skirts. The way she tried to hide it though was hilarious. She had the deadest expression on her face and just kept nodding her head, not a hint of a smile on her face. BUT when we left, the hint of a smile drew itself on her lips. Why was I staring at her lips? I should probably stop, I'm straight and crushing on Ajax. I cleared my throat and ushered her to follow me.

"Welcome to Ophelia Hall where we will be staying. Our room is that way, follow me." I felt like a leader. Weird, I've never felt like this before.

As I opened the door to our room, I saw her hiding her eyes with her hand.

"For fuck's sake, what is that?" She mumbled. I gave her a confused look.

"Excuse me?"

"EVERYTHING IS SO BRIGHT! HOW CAN YOU SLEEP?" She quickly dropped her luggage and plopped down on her bed, still squinting her eyes.

"Where do you live? In a coffin?" I joked. She sighed.

"I fucking wish." My eyes widened. Did my joke expose her suicidal ideations? Is my roommate suicidal?

"Are you... okay?" I asked hesitantly. Ironically a ghost of a smile appeared on her face.

"Bold of you to ask a question like that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I left the room for two hours to hang out with Yoko and the rest of the vampires. As I was walking back, I heard metal music blasting from our room. It wasn't loud but it could still be heard from outside. I furrowed my eyebrows. Has Ezra already made some friends and was just chilling with them, blasting this demonic music? I knocked on the door, but it seemed like she didn't hear me. So I allowed myself to open it only to find her in sweatpants and a tight tank top doing pushups. My jaw dropped and I felt the air get knocked out of my throat. I don't know how to explain what I felt but the butterflies that erupted in my stomach in full frenzy mode was self-explanatory. I didn't realize I was just standing there, looking like a complete doofus while gawking at my roommate working out. What an idiot...

"Like what you see?"

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw Ezra standing up and walking towards me with a sly smile.

"Um... I-..." I stuttered, the heat rushing to my cheeks as I averted my gaze away from her. She laughed and took a step closer to me, leaning down to see my face.

"Awww, how cute! You're hiding your face away from me!"

This precise statement, I'm sure, made my cheeks turn a brighter shade of red if that's even possible.

"Shut up..." I mumbled. She laughed again.

"So you did like it, huh?" She repeated. I cleared my throat and finally met her stare. Her eyes were twinkling. It was the first time I saw some light in them. They looked brighter, like the spring's green grass.

"You should give me a warning next time. I wouldn't want to interrupt you." I scoffed. She smiled and crossed her arms against her chest.

"Is that why you got so flustered?" She teased with a smirk.

"Shut. Up." I said firmly before walking past her to my bed.

She laughed.

"I'm going to hop in the shower if you don't mind."

"Sure." The only thing I could think about is going to the bathroom to sneak a peek. Shit. I am in deep shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go! Now you have some insight on Enid's way of seeing things! :D

~M