Chapter 1: I Should have known

My days suddenly grew more dreadful. Seeing that awful beast they called the student council President everyday.
" Our role as student council is to help those  in need in anyway we can," she said.

Help students, what have these students ever done for me, I thought.
"And how exactly have you been helping ?, we have been in this room for 2 weeks and all you have done is read Pride and Prejudice."  I said annoyed at her hypocrisy.
Then there was a quiet knock  on the door.
"Come in" she muttered  in a loud formal tone, standing up to brush off the chips off her shirt.

It was one of our classmates.
" I need help," she said with a dumb look on her face.

Haley got up quickly as if she had gotten a purpose. "What is it?" she asked.
We paused waiting to hear her crisis.

"I need to learn how to dance for the spring formal," she said.

I looked at her astonished, I almost started laughing.

I was sure Haley would turn this crazy girl down.

"Ok we will do it," Haley said with a unmoved look on her face .
" What! Are you crazy no way, hell no I'm not doing this" I said.
" I'm your boss you have to do what I say or I'll send you back to Ms Yan ," She said in bossy tone.

I smiled agonisingly.
"Well your bit late today so we will start tomorrow for sure ." Haley said, as I looked at her in disgust.

The next day
I strolled in still annoyed and pissed. But I made up my mind I would not take part in this joke.

So I reached early and sat in the far corner.

Haley arrived right after me and we waited
for that girl.

'You are here at last! I didn't get your name." Haley said.
'Oh its Shanon" she said.

. "Well let's not waste anytime , let start the first lesson" replied Haley.

And then they both looked at me, staring as if I was a diamond .

"Shanon will need a partner," Haley said smirking with a smile that reached her earlobe.
She looked at me blinking repeatedly.

I looked around the room as if I never heard a word she said and then I turned my back to them.

"Jimmy you will be her partner." She shouted

I knew this was coming but there was little I could do about it.

I had never danced with a girl before, in fact I had  never willingly  been in more than one feet close to a female, other than my Grandma.
Or maybe a female was never willingly within one feet of me, my inner self murmured.

And so I reluctantly got up and walked bravely towards Shannon , I could hear the inspirational music playing in my head.

I stood right in front of Shannon, I held her close and looked into her eyes. She took my hands and placed them on her hips , I came closer to her body, her breast touching my chest.

We started to rock slowly, it was magical.

Haha in your dreams!  I would never do that.

What actually happened was , I walked towards Shannon slowly , with the usual dull look on my face.

In my head , creepy Piano music was playing , it was horrific.
I stood in-front of her.
"Well Haley what's next."  I said in an annoyed tone.

She went to the white board.

"Today's lesson is all about eye contact and body language," She said in a excited manner.
"According to the London School of arts dancing is fifty percent Eyes and Body language" she continued.

She then went on to give an elaborate outline on the way to dance and how to give eye and body language.

Shannon listened earnestly , she stared into my eyes  with desire , placed my hands on her hips. While I stared assiduously at her forehead, she then pulled me closer.

"So how is this ?" She asked.
"You have a nice forehead," I exclaimed  losing my cool.
Haley laughed at my remark.

"Your doing great so far , pull him a bit closer, body contact is key." She said

Shannon pulled me closer our bodies finally touching.

I began holding her hand tighter, but she was only listening to Haley's instructions.

But things were only going to get worst for me.

We began to move from side to side, and this agitated my other leg.
I started sweating, she was so short her head only reached my chest.

I was sure she felt it piercing against her tummy.

She stared into my eyes without even fidgeting once.
She continued to move smoothly from side to side.

This only made it worst I was nearing maximum capacity, there was no way she didn't feel it.

"Ok good Job guys that's all for today,"  Haley said right in time.
"See you guys tomorrow!" She muttered .

I quickly walked away to my corner of the room and Shannon just said ok and walked away with the same dumb look on her face.

It seemed she didn't feel a thing , maybe I was just overreacting everything must have been ok.

"See yah!" Haley said rushing out.

I pulled myself together and went home.

The Next day

For the first time I went to school my eyes weren't dull. I walked through the school hall to my locker,  I saw Shannon she waved at me .

Things were definitely good I was now sure  she felt nothing. Maybe I was just over judging my leg's potential.

I calmed down returned to my normal dull self and prepared for class .

The bell rang it was fifth period and I made my way to the chemistry lab.
As I walked towards the lab, in the distance I saw Shannon.
I approached her calmly, she was walking towards math class.
"Hey!" I said.
"Are you ready for dance class later," I said with my normal constipated look.

" Yeah can't wait !" She said excitingly.
"Alright see you then,"  I said turning to walk away.

"Alright," she replied
I started to walk away smiling on the inside.

"By the way," she said pausing in the middle of her sentence with a sneaking look on her face.

I stopped in my tracks  and looked around slowly.

"I felt it!" She whispered winking at me and laughing at my surprised.

" Dont  worry your secret is safe with me" she said  laughing in the distance
And then She waltzed away once more with that ignorant look on her face.

I stood there in shock my jaw dropped to my feet.
The end was near I could feel it.