LIVE GLORY OF LIVING MUSICAL LEGENDS & AN ICON'S NEW LABOUR OF LOVE.

DID YOU KNOW THAT  THERE'S A TUNNEL UNDER OCEAN BOULEVARD? by LANA DEL REY.

The ever-consummate artist brings her favoured piano notes, world-conquering melody to us through this latest song.

Sometimes, an artist is so consistent and her motif so characteristic of purity of the soul that we run out of words to describe each song-cycle she gives identity to. Lana is one such artist, making minimalism and the elemental quality of her voice her enduring traits. DID YOU KNOW....... further gives us proof about her living legend status, unraveling with the potential and bonds that lie underneath our mounds of layers as we navigate life in its constant churns. The tunnel is not just 'tunnel vision' per se but a more lucid exploration of the manner in which we can be nurtured so that we don't have to wait for 'my turn' and be utterly singular in our pursuits of artistic truth, in a world sold to the devils of avarice and easy fame.

It's beautiful, bountiful in its universality of lyrics. What is heartening to me is that she continues to make music that reaches for the constancy of melody and purity, proving all cynics wrong who feel that success can only come now by some sort of ideological compromise.

She is the poster-child of that oft-maligned and misunderstood word- AUTHENTICITY. This song is a new lodestar. Our lodestar before a new year comes into view.

***

LOVESONG & PICTURES OF YOU by THE CURE.

My love for THE CURE's discography remains strong and steadfast. The ease of the guitars, the unpretentious simplicity of the vocals, touched by no technical adornments, and an instant appeal for the listener's ears mark their trademark sound on PICTURES OF YOU and LOVESONG ( the latter has been covered by Adele on her landmark 21)

Listen to them with the  complementary benefit of the band's excellent live performances of LOVESONG, BOYS DON'T CRY and JUST LIKE HEAVEN at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame where it was inducted. You'll come to cement the members' legendary status by how effortlessly they rule the crowd, by just singing and being a committed musical unit. Vocalist Robert Smith makes it au natural.