A Letter for the Captain.

My sister is doing just fine, the place is neat, the windows are clear. Her husband is a gentleman and they look happy together. Its sad you can't be here with us. Yeosang and Mingi had the times of their lives playing the drums and dancing around the fire last week when we arrived. On this small sailor town, tradition is not far from the one you enjoyed.

Wooyoung's arm is also healing slowly, though he wont be able to climb as fast as he used to. He won't be needing to, anyways, since we're planning on settling down here until the last of us dies of old age, unlike you.

The ones more quickly affected by your death were Yunho and Jongho. All of us were, but these two spent weeks crying your name and begging the sea stars to bring you back piece by piece. Jongho broke your desk out of anger when he found out, and that sword you loved so much? Yeosang keeps it safe now. He doesn't like the plan of staying here, he has threatened to run away and be rich like we were supposed to. He calms down after some minutes, at the end of the day, even pirates need to retire.
The thought of being rich without you doesn't appeal me.

San has turned dark. I think you dying is making memories come back to him, but I can just wish he gets out of there, since I don't really know how to help. Wooyoung is good at taking care of him at least, he drags him out to eat and get some sunlight. He also helps him clean and shower, my brother-in-law is also helping us with San.

Mingi spends hours on hours inside books of fantasies and dragons, magic and sea monsters, he's planning on writting a novel I think. He has talked about it to us, the story if the greatest pirates to ever sail the 7 seas. He will tell stories of how they rescued a prince and ended the life of the giant Kraken. I think the book is about us, I think this is his way of saying he admires you, and he misses you.

Being their Captain these past weeks was not easy, I don't have your skill, I'm just a deserted prince after all. I'm the one with less experience, but still your mates decided it was my destiny to lead them to our next story.
The new story is one not as interesting as the ones we wrote with you in them, but they're new. I still don't know how to wake up without you, and it's a thing I worry I won't ever get over. Our atlantic nights, our antartic auroras, our pacific islands were we would just haunt and sing songs to Neptune.

I still remember our first meeting, sixteen years ago, when I pointed a gun at you as my legs shivered of terror. I can still see you kneeling down infront of my dad, waiting for your head to get chopped off. That was the first time I feared losing you.
I had to grow familiar with the sensation, since, you know, we were constantly putting ourselves in danger.
But no... You had to die in the silliest way possible. Drunk and in a fight over us.

You never knew how to be a safe drunk, you always had to pick up fights. And you decided to go get drunk alone and then fight someone who started insulting Yeosang.

He feels a little guilty, as if it was his fault you got beaten up to death. It was not. I've been with him more lately, he is as strong as ever, and he keeps working out at his 38 years of age. I'm almost 40 and I still need to take care of them... I somehow enjoy it, but you're always missing.

I don't think I will get over you, and, for the little years I have left, ai don't think I want to. I don't want to forget you, or forget our adventures. I think that was the treasure.

I think I finally found my tresure, although I'm a little bit late to admit it.

——————————

The last note Park Seonghwa wrote about his lover Kim Hongjoong 381 years ago at 39 years old. He wouldn't write anything else, but as mentioned, his crewmate Song Mingi released two books years after. The novel "The Pirate and The King", based on true events and describing how the lovers met, in 1635 and a collection of stories named "Pearls, Gold and all that stuff" five years later, in 1640, making their piracy into adventures and tales.

Thanks to his writtings, we can get to know one of the most respected Pirates died defending one of his crewmates, at a simple bar.

[a/n: this is just to complete the lore if the fic, there will be a book tittled "Pearls, Gold and all that stuff" where pirateez adventures will be told! its like a legend book but Mingi wrote it (he also wrote pirate and the king according to the lore 😈)

I love the characters I created with this story and want to expand pirateez content so what better way than a fun adventure book?? slaaay]