Then Now and Again - Again Part 11

Author: rulersmakebadlovers

Again: 2016

Three days. There were only three days left until you were back on the road. The album was finished, your bags were nearly packed, you'd said goodbye to Frank, and things with Lindsey were....quiet. The two of you had barely spoken since your blow up fight. It wasn't even one of the worst fights you'd ever had with him. It was just that you two were getting too old to keep fighting like you were still in your 20's.

Plus, you liked Frank. He was a great guy and maybe....he was someone you could live out the rest of your days with. He didn't seem to mind your lifestyle too much; and he even seemed to care about you enough to introduce you to his children and grandchildren. You wouldn't just be getting Frank, you'd be getting a family, and that was a nice feeling.

You're zipping up your suitcase when Christine walks into the room and plops herself down on your bed.

"Can I help you?" You ask with a smile.

"Yeah, I was just wondering, do you plan to talk to Lindsey at all during the rest of the tour?" She rests her elbow on the bed to prop herself up and look at you.

You shrug, "I hadn't really thought about it."

"Seriously, you haven't thought about it?"

You go to grab something from the closet and walk back out, "I don't have much to say to him."

"You two are so bloody frustrating. This is like your first breakup only worse because we're done with the album so you two have no reason to actually speak to each other." She sighs and falls back on the bed.

"Maybe this is for the best, Chris. Maybe it's finally time for me to be done with Lindsey Buckingham."

"Darling, you will never be done with Lindsey Buckingham."

"I appreciate your faith in me."

She shrugs, "I'm only being honest. This behavior makes me want to walk away from the band again."

You stop and look at her, "You'd better not."

"Then fix this." She says.

"There's nothing for me to fix. I didn't do anything wrong."

"You broke his heart."

"He's married," you say, looking at her surprised that she would even suggest an apology.

Christine pauses for a moment and nods, "yeah, that's true. Hey, how are things with Frank?"

You smile a little, "good. I really like him. We had dinner at his house with his children and grandchildren. He has a great family."